PDA

View Full Version : Best ATPL Exam Centre?

Okavango
29th Apr 2009, 08:47
Hi. I'm just about to book my Module 1 exams for July, having completed BGS study and now revising. Is there a preferred exam centre? I've heard that the invigilators at Gatwick are a bit stuffy and accommodation in Glasgow is a bit dodgy, while Oxford tends to fill up with their own students. Shuttleworth sounds like a nice place to relax during the stress of it all? I'm based in the north west so all options can be considered. Also - not sure whether I had to complete the study tests etc before applying, but have I left it too late to get my first choice anyway?

PA28Viking
29th Apr 2009, 14:17
I have only been to Gatwick. Nice place. Smooth operation. Two nice ladies operating the room. Strict but not unpleasant at all. Excellent personnel restaurant and free wi-fi access everywhere.

The room was never full, so small chance of refused booking/move to second choice.

There are lots of cheap accommodations nearby with easy transfer to CAA. Free bus from the terminals.

Your choice should be the place that gives you as little travel as possible and good accommodation with internet access.