PDA

View Full Version : Pprune on a mobile

tubby linton
28th Apr 2009, 16:55
I have been trying to access pprune from my mobile(nokia n95).It rejects my password and the web browser also tells me to enable javascript.Does anybody have any ideas how to get around this?

MacBoero
28th Apr 2009, 17:19
Works fine on my N95. No tricks were required.

tubby linton
28th Apr 2009, 18:27
Macboero which telephone company are you with?

MacBoero
28th Apr 2009, 18:34
T-Mobile UK, but I have reflashed my N95 with a generic firmware install, so it doesn't have all the T-Mobile knobbling. However, saying that, it worked even before I did that.

tubby linton
28th Apr 2009, 18:41
Thank you for that.I am with O2.It is probably a problem with them.How do you block all the adverts on pprune from appearing when you use your mobile?

MacBoero
28th Apr 2009, 19:09
I don't bother to be honest, they don't seem to take too long to load, and I'm on an unlimited tariff, so it doesn't worry me too much.

kenhughes
28th Apr 2009, 23:08
According to Sun Java (Developer Resources for Java Technology (http://java.sun.com)):

Java capability for mobile devices is integrated by the device manufacturers. You need to check with your device manufacturer about availability of this technology in your device.

KVM, the virtual machine for mobile devices, is the counterpart of JVM (Java virtual machine). It is used to run applets and applications written with Java technology on mobile devices. KVM must be installed by the manufacturer. It is NOT available for download or installation by consumers.

As a workaround, PPRuNe is available on the Google Reader service - go to http://www.google.com/reader/view/?hl=en#overview-page Click on Browse for Stuff, click on the Browse tab and enter PPrUNe in the Search for Feeds box.

You may not be able to reply (without Javascript), but at least you should be able to read and store the posts.

K

Memetic
28th Apr 2009, 23:10
It could be that O2 run mobile browsing via a proxy to try and improve the user experince.

Vodafone do this, it screws up some sites, on Vodafone there is often (usually?) an extra link at the bottom of served pages letting you seee the original page. might be worth seeing if O2 offer the same.

Have you tried using the latest opera browser?

FWIW PPrune works fine on my Nokia e71 with the standard browser, I tend to turn off images, the width of the forum posts then just fits the screen.

Memetic

call100
29th Apr 2009, 00:59
Prune works fine on my IPhone with O2...Very few ads on the site to affect....:ok:
Just to prove a point this posted using the IPhone.

Nightrider
29th Apr 2009, 09:26
Nokia E61 reading and posting without any config change or add-on, no probs.

tubby linton
29th Apr 2009, 12:53
Thank you all for your replies.I have downloaded the opera browser for my phone and now have no problems.