PDA

View Full Version : Future Lynx Is Now The AW159

Flugplatz
27th Apr 2009, 21:41
Future Lynx Is Now The AW159! - Vertical Online (http://www.verticalmag.com/control/news/templates/?a=10632)

AIDU
27th Apr 2009, 21:43
Can we have another future lynx thread please? Oh look we have.

AHQHI656SQN
28th Apr 2009, 18:59
the multi-role AW159 is optimised for both maritime and battlefield environments, with the versatility and flexibility for it to be rapidly switched from one role to another
The maritime and battlefield environment are so similar, it makes sense that one aircraft will be perfect for both!
Now what was answer B? :ugh:

Cows getting bigger
28th Apr 2009, 19:07
A while back I remember chatting to a chap called Foulkes (quite high-up in the AAC). He told me that the UH60 (and variants) was the way ahead. Unusually, this particular crab agreed with him.

Hmmm............. :ugh:

owe ver chute
28th Apr 2009, 19:43
656, same logic. That is why Apache is used by so many nations at sea, well, the Brits anyway! The maritime and battlefield are the similar environments. :=

Faithless
29th Apr 2009, 20:34
Can we have another future lynx thread please? Oh look we have.

Can we have another AIDU please....No,no only joking we don't want another AIDU posting more cr@p do we.:E

diginagain
29th Apr 2009, 23:34
A while back I remember chatting to a chap called Foulkes (quite high-up in the AAC). He told me that the UH60 (and variants) was the way ahead.

Yes, the UH60 (and variants) may well once have been the way ahead. Sadly, neither the hierarchy nor the minions get much choice in the cabs HMG provide. (If he's the same chap I'm thinking of, he had something of a 'credibility holiday' while lower down the CoC, although since he's seemingly now quite high-up in the AAC it doesn't seem to have done him any harm).

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
30th Apr 2009, 09:08
owe ver chute. That was a subtle mix of satire and sarcasm; wasn't it?