PDA

View Full Version : What's the shortest time...

JohnRayner
27th Apr 2009, 08:14
that anyone's heard of that it took the CAA to send out a PPL license?

I'm seven of your Earth days into waiting for mine, and told I will be waiting at least another seven.

I'm interested to know the range of people's experience over this, mostly because of the CAA's legendary status as a bureaucratic nightmare!

Regards

JR

'India-Mike
27th Apr 2009, 08:38
Don't know about licence issue, but 3 working days for my FI(R) rating. Application posted by me Tuesday. Documents back following Monday.:ok:

That was in December last year

airborne_artist
27th Apr 2009, 08:50
I'm seven of your Earth days into waiting for mine, and told I will be waiting at least another seven

Not forgetting that in seven days time we have a Bank Holiday, which does not count as a day in CAA land.

matman
27th Apr 2009, 09:04
Im still waiting for mine, its been 3 weeks, 2 days and 57 minutes, not that im counting.

flybymike
27th Apr 2009, 11:54
Four days; but that was in 1984.

Rishy
27th Apr 2009, 12:36
John,

I sent my application to them on Tuesday April 7th by recorded delivery. They took the money the following week. Still no sign of it. Easter's not going to have helped. So, three weeks and counting...

I'm guessing that like me, many people have been waiting for decent weather to get their test done, in which case the piles of PPL applications may well be bigger than usual.

Rish

JohnRayner
27th Apr 2009, 13:01
So recent experience is three weeks and counting. Arse.

Oh well, never mind. Thanks for the info, everyone.

I have checked my bank records and the fee came out the very next day after I posted the documentation! Good to know maximum efficiency is possible in certain areas...

JR

Captain Smithy
27th Apr 2009, 13:19
Took me about 3 weeks to get my FRTOL sent to me. Wouldn't have minded so much if they hadn't spelt "Edinburgh" as "Edingburgh" on the license :rolleyes: :ugh:

Smithy

Charlie Zulu
27th Apr 2009, 14:33
Completed QXC on the Thursday.

Posted completed paperwork and cheque to the CAA on the Friday.

Received UK CAA PPL(A) the following Friday.

So that will make it 1 week exactly from posting to receiving the brown folder.

That was at the end of January 1998 and I don't know the figures but I doubt they had many to issue that month.

katana 1
27th Apr 2009, 15:57
Took my paperwork into Gatwick and they did it while I waited.

RTN11
27th Apr 2009, 16:24
Took my paperwork into Gatwick and they did it while I waited.

Did you camp in the lobby for 3 weeks?

katana 1
27th Apr 2009, 16:56
Just 4 hours Had a nice lunch in the canteen and watched the Gatwick traffic.
Was six years ago though.:)

imperialsam
27th Apr 2009, 19:42
I sent my application to them on Tuesday April 7th

Same for me - fee was taken the following week, no licence received yet. Glad it's not just me though!

matman
27th Apr 2009, 20:09
mail came about 2 hours after my previous post, license has arrived!! mine was posted on the 4th april so yours should hopefully not be too far behind!:ok:

Mark 1
27th Apr 2009, 20:25
Got mine the same day from the public counter at Aviation House. It had to be in by 10.00am and could be picked up late afternoon.

Mind you, that was in 1980

JohnRayner
1st May 2009, 13:21
to confirm my new address. It's in the post today. If it comes tomorrow (I live in hope!) that's 12 days!

Gotta go to work now. And I don't care :ok:

JR