PDA

View Full Version : So, who's taking me to LA this Saturday?

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 02:50
Ex MEL...just in case I need to rebook it...:}

Howabout
27th Apr 2009, 03:44
Howabout Jetstar to Honolulu and then a US domestic.

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 04:06
You might want to read my JetStar thread Howabout...;)

Anyway, its already booked on QF...(pertinant info that may have been helpful in the opening post I reckon!):rolleyes::ugh:

mrpaxing
27th Apr 2009, 04:08
getting through customes in LAX for a change. cant see them being too busy over there.:eek:

flyergirl
27th Apr 2009, 04:13
Flight looks full to me according to figures available....:)

Howabout
27th Apr 2009, 04:15
See my comments on your thread, a-la 'never have, never will.'

My suggestion was a tongue-in-cheek wind-up! It's a boring afternoon and I was after a bite!

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 04:59
Err...righto Howabout. I thought that little wink at the end might've given you an idea that I got it.

Might have a problem understanding them in Customs Mr P. All those face masks & that accent!!! I might need a chalk board.

Full eh? No stretching out for me then. Maybe if I flash my Bronze FF card they'll look upon me with reverence & upgrade me? (They used to try it all the time at AN):rolleyes:

jportzer
27th Apr 2009, 06:30
Howabout Jetstar to Honolulu and then a US domestic.I know this was in jest, but I actually tried to do this back when JQ had some $199 fares to HNL. The problem is you're looking at an all-day layover on the way there, and an overnight stopover on the return, as pretty much all domestic Hawaii->mainland flights leave and arrive in the evening, and JQ comes in and departs early AM. The HNL mainland terminal is absolutely deserted in the morning for JQ's flights - a bit eerie. (I ended up just not going on to the mainland and got my relatives to come to Hawaii.)

Jabawocky
27th Apr 2009, 06:36
If you are not in a hurry its not a bad option, break up the trip a bit!

hoss
27th Apr 2009, 07:28
no your all wrong, i was talking to a refueller today who said qantas are paying cash for fuel and catering. he reckons they'll be closing doors this friday. so it looks like v australia will be taking you buster.

have a nice holiday mate.

Obie
27th Apr 2009, 07:36
...so the bombers are playing in LA this week end?...

I didn't know that! :suspect:

Wideglider
27th Apr 2009, 09:15
Hey Buster, I'll take you, as soon as I find my medication!!!!!!!:E:ok:

No Body
27th Apr 2009, 09:28
I don't expect they'll let me drive, butI'm booked on that flight also!

Wideglider
27th Apr 2009, 09:35
Mate you can drive, and then if something goes wrong, well
"No Body" did it! :E:E:E

Explicitus
27th Apr 2009, 11:16
I have deliberately flown to SYD - HNL followed by HNL-ORD where I used to have to go a lot. I highly rate it. I got a cheap hire car for $45 a day (there were no counters open so I couldn't recheck my bag in) and kept my gear in the boot. I went to Pearl Harbor and took in a tour and then spent a few hours at a beach before heading back to the airport in time for the red-eye to ORD. I was exhausted and slept all the way. I personally recommend breaking your trip at HNL if you can manage it!

Fliegenmong
27th Apr 2009, 11:17
Buster, whilst in LA a trip out to Van Nuys Airport is an absolute must do. Hollywood Aviators for a great hour or so flying around the LA area, easily done with a US instructor in the LHS seat:ok:

And check out the model aircraft at the end of 16L, can't see anything like that being alllowed in Oz, yet it seems to work so smoothly there!!!

Look up on the internet, and get yourself a copy of "16 Right" a truly truly fabulous film if you are an aircraft lover...and are we not all here??:hmm::8:E:ok::D:D:D

Oh, 'Ere it is.....gorgeous stuff..........;););)

Eastwest Loco
27th Apr 2009, 12:31
Booked yourself on the web did you Buster?

When it all goes pear shaped, make sure you have the phone number for the Internet.

:E:E:E:{

Have a great trip all the same mate.

Done your ESTA?

Best regards

EWL

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 12:40
Yes, sorry LocoBloko. Saw those $868 return fares & the red mist rose, eyes glazed over, and before you knew it, I was a lot poorer! Bluddy internet!:ugh: ESTA all done...approved, but they're appealing! ;)

Fliegenmong. I'll see what I can do but that sounds like a plan to me.:ok: It's really a trip for the kids...5 day pass to Disneyland, days at Knotts Berry & Universal...I'm also catching up with the guy that developed the heat shields on our Tanker that saved Busters arse!!! Do those model aircraft fly & do they have cameras on them??? :E:ouch::suspect:

No Body. Direct or via Baa-Baa-stan???

Obie...have DVD, will travel!!!:ok:

Eastwest Loco
27th Apr 2009, 12:48
You still get 20% off your insurance if you haven't already bought that from Dodgy and Co Buster.

You are such a let down at times.

*sigh* I thought I trained you better.

EWL:(

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 12:58
I've paid the price Ron, I'm sorry...:(...JetSet Airport West got that one. (Organised by the Missus) :ugh:

Eastwest Loco
27th Apr 2009, 13:07
Good work Buster.

At least it was a Jetset - in the group.

Have a great trip mate:)

EWL

No Body
28th Apr 2009, 10:20
QF25 - via NZ

Buster Hyman
28th Apr 2009, 12:49
Ah, sorry NB, I'm direct. However, I have been reliably informed that there will be a Prooner on your flight! ;)

(No names, no pack drill...):oh:

qfguy
28th Apr 2009, 19:40
Why would you fly to LAX when you can fly to SFO?! Way nicer airport up there without the ****fight of LAX!

Buster Hyman
28th Apr 2009, 23:00
No Disneyland in SFO...although, I hear there's quite a theme park up there...:bored:

qfguy
28th Apr 2009, 23:52
No Disneyland in SFO? Try heading down to the Castro area...!

mustafagander
30th Apr 2009, 11:22
Buster, don't forget a warm jacket. It's been surprisingly cool in LAX this week.

No Body
30th Apr 2009, 12:04
The weather channel promises (guesses?) 30 degree days by Wednesday

blow.n.gasket
30th Apr 2009, 12:12
What 30 degrees Farenheit?
That sounds chilly.

Buster Hyman
30th Apr 2009, 12:19
I shall pack a jumper & see what the weather has in store for me but, I have heard, that it never rains in California.

(-2)

No Body
1st May 2009, 23:54
The weather channel said it would do that too.

Almost time to board!

Buster Hyman
12th May 2009, 01:52
Well, that was fun.

Good flights, good crews, good service...can't complain at all. :ok: Even the landings were smooth.

One thing has puzzled me though...is it common for the Captain to interview the FO over the PA??? :confused:

Capt: "So Pete, what's the weather like for our flight tonight?"
FO: "Well Brian, it's looking quite good for a smooth flight tonight"
Capt: "And Pete, what time do you think we'll be arriving in AKL?"
FO: "I think we'll be a little early into AKL Brian....."

:confused::confused::confused:

( 0... *BINGO!* )