PDA

View Full Version : any job on B737 with 500hrs on type or better to pay for A320 TR

mrx111
26th Apr 2009, 16:04
Is any chance to get a job on B737 with almost 500hrs on type? I've flown classic and NG together, but right now I'm considering to go to Eagle jet and buy some hours, because I didn't see any job listing with less than 1000hrs on type or at least 1000hrs TT, which I don't have, because I did my TR immediatelly after getting my CPL license. I'd like to know, which way is the best to take me back to the airline business. What should be more preffered, A320 TR, or hours on B737, or anything else?

Abagnale
26th Apr 2009, 18:49
Go and buy another 1500 hrs that should make it :E Maybe when you spend everything you have and end up working in MCDonald's you'll realize that's IT"S WRONG to pay for any line training or s*** like this...Jesus,world is full of idiots :ugh:

mrx111
26th Apr 2009, 19:57
I had a job a few month ago, but due to airline economy problems I'm out of the company, but what can I do right now? Wait a years until there will be a better situation? At least I need to pay for B737 renewal every year and without any flying I'll be loosing my experience.

adverse-bump
26th Apr 2009, 21:10
ow my god!

this has to be a wind up

A Very Civil Pilot
27th Apr 2009, 08:27
Ask yourself the question "If I can't find a job with a TR and 500 hours on type, will I be able to get a job with a TR and no hours on type?"

If you're prepared to work abroad, you will probably find a 737 job somewhere.

Spunky Monkey
27th Apr 2009, 09:33
If this isn't a troll.

Ask yourself why you work. Is it to earn money to keep yourself, attain the lifestyle you aspire to, or to line somebody elses pockets?

If you already have 500hrs on type, there are jobs out there, try looking at other licences like FAA, rather than paying to work.

Try thinking outside of the box and looking abroad.
With that sort of experience you should be looking for another TR.

Infact I cannot believe that I am responding to this sort of thread. As the sort f person that is starting a thread like this, is the sort of person that we don't want in our industry.

Lack of professionalism, willing to be shafted etc etc. To all teh wanabees out there who are desperate to get the first job, remember why you are striving to get to the first job.
If it is tobe cool and pay to work, then you will not go very far and will likely be alienated.
However if you want to do a professional job, to the best of your ability and achieve success through diligence, rigor and most importantly patience then aviation is for you.

Good things come to he who waits.

I would suggest max that you take a long hard look at yourself. You would probably be better off financially doing some instructing or air taxi work, you would probably be better off in the long run.

VNA Lotus
27th Apr 2009, 11:27
yeah! buy thousand of hours again! spend all your money and when a chief pilote will ask you to pay a TR falcon (because you never know) you will cry because you will not have enough money :( and I'll take your job because I would have saved my money for the RIGHT type rating asked by the company. :p:p

Ollie23
27th Apr 2009, 21:43
ow my god!

this has to be a wind up

Afraid i think it's probably not. These threads just keep coming, it was the guy begging some half baked outfit to take his money for line traing on an ATR last week.

Firestorm
28th Apr 2009, 08:03
I'm speechless at this man's attitude. Do you have an bottomless bank account or something? Go and do something else until there is a recovery, and you can get a job where you get paid for doing what you are qualified to do! You need to have a fund of savings or pension for your old age, not a string of debts to be paid with no income! If you can't work that out one wonders at your suitability to be a pilot in a commercial airliner. I have 5500 TT, and over 2000 on 737s, and I can't get a job. There is no way that I will be paying for any flying. I hope that tat some point I can get back in an airliner, but there is no way that I am putting myself in hock to do it. I want a standard of living in retirement that is better than a cardboard box on Victoria Embankment. Mrx111 you really need to consider long term consequences.

BetpumpS
28th Apr 2009, 08:38
Don't you have principles man? Pride?

EK4457
28th Apr 2009, 09:22
It makes me weep to read the OP and think that this guy could be serious.

To have a bought a TR and hours on a 737 AND be prepared to speculate on an A320 TR is utterly bonkers.

On a serious note - this makes me worried. If enough of these people are let loose with a CPL, there really is no hope for those with a bit of patience and self respect. Read brains.

Sorry if offence caused.

EK

Firestorm
28th Apr 2009, 20:14
If it becomes too prevalent I will stop flying either as a pilot and as a passenger.

Spunky Monkey
29th Apr 2009, 08:06
A blacklist of pilots who have completely bone ideas, or who completely undermine the rest of the industry.

Then if they get a job with a carrier within say a 2 year period, the carrier is named.

We can then choose if we want to fly with a carrier that employs such a desperate nugget who probably shouldn't be flying.

potkettleblack
29th Apr 2009, 08:30
Or......one day you might be a TRE and decide to accidentally resign a certain pile of CV's from those that have gone down the self sponsored route to the filing cabinet conveniently located just under your desk that is emptied at the end of each day.

dartagnan
29th Apr 2009, 08:44
I know where...in my pocket there is a job for you.
first go to your bank, pick up 100'000$, and the job is for you.
hurry up, only 3 places available.

please sign this:
I agree to give to Dartagnan 100'000$ for an airline job and type rating included. If Dartagnan can not find a job for me, I agree to loose all my money.

Place and signature:

Boingboingdriver
29th Apr 2009, 09:32
Thats funny..
#POOR# guy is desperate..and you guys just tell him to go to hell while YOU all and I included enjoy a Forum which obviously gets its funds from TRTOs and other agencies SELLING type ratings and HOURS on Type.Stop the hypocrisy!

So please guys, if this way of getting hours is making you so sick, leave PPRUNE,that will show us that you are really opposed to such practice.

Fine to advise against it but I dont think such attacks are necessary..
I have flown with guys who bought hours and got a permanent job afterwards..one is now a captain for Ryan Air..

Yes it sucks they jump the queue without saying sorry but hey thats the world we are leaving in now so bite it and get on with YOUR life and im sure youll do just fine your own way..

EK4457
29th Apr 2009, 10:40
BBD,

Not quite the blatant hypocricy you seem to think. Last time I checked, the forum users had no control over who advertises. They also recieved none of the revenue.

leave PPRUNE,that will show us that you are really opposed to such practice.

So, if you are unhappy with the goverment, the best way to get them out is not to vote? If you were on a flight deck and your colleague did somthing you disagree with, you'd just withdraw from the situation?

If the behaviour of these 'pilots' adversly affects me and all others trying to get a real job (where they pay us), I'll say so. Any person worth their professional salt would. And they are doing so.

The argument you put forward to stop us is poor. And thats being kind.

EK

EK4457
29th Apr 2009, 10:48
Forgot to say - the queue jumping analogy is also not true.

They are paying for a TR, paying to fly 500 hours and then coming on here asking if there are any jobs going with 500 hours on type. All they are doing is joining the back of another queue. Which is exactly how this thread started!

This is fine - their money and all that. Except the 500 hours they flew and paid for should have gone to a pilot who got paid. Hence the hostility.

EK

potkettleblack
29th Apr 2009, 10:56
More than likely though that the 500 hours they burned did another F/O out of a job. Unfortunately certain carriers now make it a business to enter into these schemes.

Who would have thought that a carrier like BMI would be considering such a thing. Not a nice position to be in if your sat in the RHS wondering why your hours/sector pay just dropped through the floor or worse still they decide to get rid of you and bring in pay to flyers instead.

Boingboingdriver
29th Apr 2009, 11:11
EK4457
of course PPrune as no grasp over Eagle JET line training hours for sale right in the middle of my face as im typing ??come on..
Don t tell me that this ad isnt there to reach desperate pilots?so why don t you ask the moderators to withdraw such ads and make each pay for this great service of using pprune??it would be better no?

I don t vote.never did.

Your second point is irrelevant.. and i don t judge my first officers from the size of their wallets, wether they paid for a type and line training before flying with me is NONE of my business, as long as they perform the way they are expected on the day.
Just the same way i don t judge one pilot who went the long way(instructing,modular..) than a guy who forked out 70000 sterling in oxford to come out with 180 hours and expecting a job with the airlines cause he went there...

If i were you id spend my time in a more useful manner than raising hell on a guy like the thread starter..

just my 2 cents..

EK4457
29th Apr 2009, 11:38
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sure, I'd love the pay to fly schemes to stop advertising on here, but I can't stop them. This means I should just accept these people buggering up the industry and keep quiet? No. Like I say, anyone with a backbone would have their say.

The contradiction here is actually yours. You are spending time posting on PPRUNE saying that you should not waste your time posting on PPRUNE if you disagree with a point of view. No?

You speak like a captain. If so, of course you don't judge 'your' FOs. This doesn't adversly affect you one bit.

I'm sure you'd be happy if you stopped flying for six months to let some wannabe captains pay to get left hand experience?

Raising hell? A little OTT, I can do much worse!

EK

Abagnale
29th Apr 2009, 13:18
BB driver,
I am a captain aswell and what you're trying to prove here is absolute crap.You don't care about the industry and thousands of people like you don't care either,that's why the profession which I always used to be proud of,is full of s**t nowadays...Do you realize,that the company you're working for is actually not spending money on training,on the other hand they get benefits from their crew,but the money saved don't go into your pocket and the pockets of your fellow crew members,they're just making top management richer...So if we think logically here,if the company is not investing anything in crew training,then obviously the guys at least should have better working conditions and some benefits...They get nothing instead,miserable salary and huge debt behind their backs which make their lives very miserable and,unfortunately,tommorrow,or day after tommorrow,people willing to give anything to fly will replace you and me...So think before writing,the world will only be better when we'll start to think globally,aviation is a passion,and why doctors cannot buy their way to the surgery room and a lot of people in this industry can?It's just not fair,don't you think so?

Boingboingdriver
29th Apr 2009, 16:50
So looks like we disagree..saying i talk crap is bit harsh..:eek:
Lets take ryan air..they are recruiting Cadets FOs only...i know many fos with 2500 hrs jet time hoping to fly for them..well no chance because cadets with 200 hours get their seat..is that more fair?and i doubt their training level to be poor:E
I heard MY travel was hiring people for line training.turk airlines..Astraeus...and so on..what can we do??join a union?will they change anything? i doubt it..

So yes we can moan and cry for those guys taking our jobs but lets be realistic it wont change any..lets face it so many things are wrong in aviation..

My point was just to stop whining in a website which advertises TRTOs and maybe help/convince the guy by giving proper advice rather than insulting him..

Peaceful flights to all of you:)

dartagnan
29th Apr 2009, 19:44
EAGLEJET Sucks!

I know 10 guys who has been ripped off by this french Stephane of my butts!!!!:{

mrx111
4th May 2009, 14:51
I didn't pay for any hours before, I payed for my B737 TR and got the F/O job immediately after I've finisned my TR. I had to leave the company due to current economical situation in aviation and right now I want to keep my experience current, that's the reason for buying some line hours. I still have the second job outside the airline business to make my money but I like flying so it's not meaningless for me even if I've to pay for flying. The reason for considering A320 TR is because I know about some offers, where is A320 TR required with 0 hrs on type. I'd better stay on B737, but at the current situation how long do I have to wait to get a new F/O job? I can move anywhere.

OVC008
6th May 2009, 01:09
Hi to all..

I'm gonna have to agree with BBD. It's not about how pilots can do what they love to do, it's about how to advise them and telling them the best way to do it. It's really sad to have to pay for work nowadays, but again, that's the world we have, and we just have to live with it.
Myself, i got my 737 TR self sponsored, i was employed by the same company, and it will end next month, due to finding some cockpit space to put new pilots on line training. And as maybe for all of you, it's hard not to get the chance of doing what we like without having to pay for it, but there's no other way.
After next month i will just get back on the queue, and wait for this to recover.
I won't pay for another TR or even more hours, coz yes, it's not correct to do so, but do i regret about this time i've been flying, even having to pay for it at the beginning? NO WAY!
It was a great experience, which i hope to continue ASAP.
So if one is having doubts about how to continue their career, and if you all don't agree with it, just say it's better to wait than to keep wasting money on what we should be earning from. Don't judge.
In my opinion, yes it's not correct, and as i said i will go back on the line. But if the man has this opportunity to keep paying for work, well, good for him, maybe he'll do good someday.

happy landings
:)

gettingtherebyplane
6th May 2009, 01:57
I have not paid for TR however I don't see what the big deal is...

If thats the path he has chosen and it is perfectly legal then so be it. Stop whinging - build a bridge and get over it.

Zippy Monster
6th May 2009, 09:34
Could you please tell us which airlines are hiring with 0 hours on the Bus?

Even if there were any, you'd be somewhere in a very VERY long queue. Unless you have come through some form of cadetship where you are put forward to the airline (like with CTC, for example, or Ryanair's programme), you don't have a hope of finding anyone recruiting on to the 'bus with 0hrs on type at the moment.

X-BleedOpen
6th May 2009, 10:58
Even if there were any, you'd be somewhere in a very VERY long queue. Unless you have come through some form of cadetship where you are put forward to the airline (like with CTC, for example, or Ryanair's programme), you don't have a hope of finding anyone recruiting on to the 'bus with 0hrs on type at the moment.

I know... it is exactly why I was asking this... cuz another colleague wrote this a couple posts above...

The reason for considering A320 TR is because I know about some offers, where is A320 TR required with 0 hrs on type

EK4457
6th May 2009, 12:32
gettingtherebyplane

It's not so much the SSTR that is decimating the industry. Whilst not ideal, they are nothing new.

It's paying £10,000 to fly 500 hours. You are, without question, stopping a real pilot from earning a living from their profession and paying bills. All because you have, quite litereally, money to burn.

OVC008

You openly admit to pouring tens of thousands of pounds into a pay to fly scheme and have no job. Yet you seem to be happy, even thankful. Surely this borders on the perverse?

Digging your way out of a hole springs to mind.......

tigermagicjohn
6th May 2009, 12:58
If so many pilots thinks this is so bad, why don't pilots at the airline refuse to fly with Pay to Fly FO's?

Where is their loyality to their own?
Or is it only the tight pocketed wannabes forum here who think like this?

I agree it is wrong to pay, but LHS pilots - but why just blame the ones who pay for it, if pilots could be UNITED it would not be a problem -

Nearly There
6th May 2009, 14:08
if the man has this opportunity to keep paying for work, well, good for him, maybe he'll do good someday.Paying to work an opportunity now?:ugh:

Work= A job, Employment, A Trade, A Proffesion or other means of Livelihood.

OVC008 you really need to step back and see the big picture here, people buying hours on commercial revenue generating aircraft are putting people out of work! simple as.
You are now back in the que for a job, somebody else by your own admission is now paying to do the 'job' you have trained and paid for and you think the whole farce is acceptable.

tigermagicjohn
6th May 2009, 15:15
Why does everybody just want to fly B737 or A320?

That is still beyond me, every time that's the only job it seems newbies are searching for. SO WRONG! :ugh:

5 RINGS
6th May 2009, 16:56
Why do you guys expect LH seaters to stand up and cures a problem that you bunch of muppets created????

I really don't get it...

the only way to stop pay to fly schemes is to dry up any credit source...and the current recession does just that...because you guys haven't got enough selfrespect and brain cells to reject these 'offers'.

Result is now that some contratc companies start to look for NON RATED DEC willing to pay for their TR.

Start to buy your way in the business, and this business will make you pay til you're dead...

Flintstone
6th May 2009, 18:23
Firstly I'm of the opinion that the OP is a troll on a mission but it's interesting to see just how many people jump to the defense of this odious practice. 5 Rings, Nearly There, EK4457 and others, you're wasting your breath. Or pixels. Or whatever. We've been telling these people for years how firstly the SSTR and then buying hours would be a major factor in the erosion of terms and conditions.

In all of these threads the proponents of this self-induced reaming argue that it's here to stay so live with it. Tell me this, why is it here? Because people like them encourage it regardless of what it does to our profession and the finer people in it. 5 Rings hit the nail squarely on the head. Stop paying money and the schemes die. The standard riposte of "It's not our fault and all you captains and LTC's should stand up for us" is absolute tosh as well so let's not pull that one out of the box of standard excuses.

...but there's no other way.

Yes there is. It was good enough for me and others but the 'pay-to-fly- brigade want it all now, now, now so won't take it. Then they complain about being kicked out of their seats to make way for the next wave of customers. Sorry, no sympathy for them.

* In the loosest possible sense and I bow to Nearly There's definition of a job.

tigermagicjohn
6th May 2009, 18:44
:ugh:BALPA, Captains - anyone connected to flying if stand united could stop the pay to fly schemes, the captains have much experience with the airlines, normally they have worked there for many years.

By accepting to fly with FO's who have little experience, and pay to fly - they are assisting to ruin their own T&C's, and fellow pilots working with them in the industry.

There will always be people with to much money, and not enough brains - why would pilots support these schemes, when it seems everyone is against them.

Are they afraid to speak up in the real world, because it seems here on PPRUNE everyone is very upset with this, which I do understand - but by accepting your FO's is a pay to play pilot, you are yourself undermining your own job!

Why should it be the newbies who must say, "I have never worked in the industry, if I pay and pay, I maybe increase my chance - " for the newbie it's still new and exciting - and "it's a work" is secondary - they/we all want to achieve the dream.

But you pilots already there, are controlling the situation, you have had great T&C's in the past, however you have helped to lower the standards of the T&C's for the newer generation of pilots, by accepting all kind of BS - to secure your own job and future at the airline.

Lowering of these standards are to blame for much of todays problems in the industry. It is understandable, but do not alone lay the blame at the new wannabes, because this situation has been allowed by pilots who already have a safe and sound job - and probably worry less of these problems then a newly educated ATPL.

Still I do not understand why not more pilots look for smaller jobs in the start, it all as to be a big JET!

The Beer Hunter
6th May 2009, 21:03
Utter tosh.

Relatively few of those in the LH seat will have bought their (RH) seat and almost certainly not hours. Most captains will have worked their way up through the ranks because that's the way it used to be done. So why should they now jeopardise their own careers to help people who will not help themselves by simply keeping their money in their pockets?

If people stop buying into these schemes they stop immediately. Start taking responsibility and stop whinging.

tigermagicjohn
6th May 2009, 22:17
Is it utter tosh that T & C's for pilots used to be better in the past?

I know few pilots who told me it used to be better before, so who have accepted lowering of the T & C's to be able to maintain their own jobs - and to help their airlines more competitive?

When an airline have wanted to implent a policy of pay to fly pilots they must have done in connection with "some" experienced pilots - who saw this as a viable alterantive with regards to training and security. To set up selection criteria that would have to be done together with one or other chief pilot, or would it be bean counters setting up the selection process and assesing canditates if they are suitable to work for free, pay to fly?

At some stage, some experienced captain, training captain, must have been asked the question are you willing to train Mr X, and make him ready to fly for our airline. He will get X hours, which he has paid for, and after that we might hire him, or say goodbye to him!

Or do airlines not use experienced pilots in their selection process for potenial FO's?

Could the following situation arised in one airline, for us to be able to keep XXX amount of pilot jobs, and to keep the costs down, we need to hire XX amount of Pay to fly pilots.
The established pilots would then accept this, if not XX amount of pilots would have to loose their jobs to balance the books.

Since there is airlines needing pay to fly pilots, these pay to fly pilots are most likely saving a few of the experienced pilots jobs - so to lay the blame at the ones who pay alone is not entirely correct.

The airlines use this for their own benefit, and probably some experienced pilots benefit from this too by keeping their job, and these are the same who accept to fly with the pay to fly pilots.

The Beer Hunter
6th May 2009, 23:06
Jesus :rolleyes: . I thought we needed a reasonable IQ to become pilots?

1. Who is giving these airlines their money?

2. How many candidates will these airlines get if people stop giving them money?

3. How long will it take for the supply of new FO's to dry up if people stop buying their way in?

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

mikehammer
7th May 2009, 11:18
Beer Hunter

Opinion posing as factual answers as follows:

1. Those desperate enough for a job, lacking the help from someone who already has a job in the industry who can help by recommending them (who knows anyone like that these days?), and, even more obviously, those having access to the required funding.

2. More than you might think. As far as I can tell from much reading in aviation press, and from gossip on the shop floor, there are many experienced FOs without work. These are unlikely to be an answer to Q1 above. Without (as your question demands) a supply of those people "giving" airlines money, airlines may be forced to rethink and take non payers (which I suspect is your angle).

3. Never.

maxsteel712
17th May 2009, 17:40
buddy
there are requirement in UAE, South East Asia...
I know they require more hrs on Type .... but try in those ...
u woul have some contacts in these many yrs...ask them..get to know about the procedure... there is rishworth aviation....and many ...try in those..many these can u help u out...
just try...dont blame money about ur job....