PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Airways Written Test in Chennai

flapsto40
25th Apr 2009, 21:04
Hi everyone,

I got an email from Paramount Airways for a written test next week 2nd May for Trainee first officer.

No details regarding the syllabus is mentioned.

Is there anyone else in this forum who has got this letter from Paramount ?

Anyone else currently working in Paramount who can give some inputs/tips or advice on what can be expected in this written test ? Is it basic CPL level subjects or questions from aptitude tests ?

Second question .. This program is a self-sponsored one. I think the candidate pays 25 lakhs upfront for the Training.
Any idea on how much a first officer trainee gets paid as stipend and his/her salary once he is released online ??

Thanks and awaiting your replies !

flapsto40:ok:

born1987
26th Apr 2009, 00:45
i also got email .mine is on 1may but i am trainee ame.do any one else know about rating cost for engineering person on embrear aircraft

jet_air
26th Apr 2009, 08:46
guys beware.. my friend payed 25 laks and completed all her training.. and now she is sitting at home and was asked to wait for another 6 months .. during which she is being payed 5000 rupees yes u read it right.. rupees 5000 as stipend.. worst is she has been issued just an Letter of Intent and not even an appointment order..so she cant even fly on paramount for free..
there is already a thread running on this forum abt it all..

born1987
26th Apr 2009, 12:33
where that thread

aviationdebrousse
28th Apr 2009, 05:14
It seems that this is really a cash cow for airlines...milking the desperate green CPL holders...just a little Math they have asked for a DD of Rs 750 which has to be payed before the exam. In the last Air India Examination there were approx about 2000 applicants . Assuming even half that number appears for the written that's a cool 7.5 lakhs. Not a bad sum at all considering that the candidate has to pay a sum of 25 lakhs for an endorsement.

Lets have your thoughts on this, guys

born1987 where that thread http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/366675-paramount-self-sponsored-program.html

shanx
28th Apr 2009, 08:41
.just a little Math they have asked for a DD of Rs 750 which has to be payed before the exam. In the last Air India Examination there were approx about 2000 applicants . Assuming even half that number appears for the written that's a cool 7.5 lakhs. Not a bad sum at all considering that the candidate has to pay a sum of 25 lakhs for an endorsement.

aviationdebrousse,

you have a point there. Also, we need to keep in mind that Air India clearly mentioned that the candidates MUST possess an Indian CPL while applying, which means there are perhaps another 1000 or 2000 odd candidates who are still in the process of converting their licences.
I know a lot of people did not apply for Air India and there were some 600 odd candidates who got rejected by AI for the same reasons.
Who are the ones who will mostly apply for this exam by paramount ??

1. Almost everyone in Chennai, south of India who just want to give it a shot, just for the sake of experiencing an airline test/interview.

2. Some guys who are really desperate and dont mind paying 25 lakhs upfront.
Not sure how many, but my guess is that there will be quite a lot since we've been seeing of late that there are people getting into this field for the wrong reasons armed with cart loads of cash !

so perhaps 2000 candidates ??

In the end, merit and flying as such would be the biggest failure/loser.
One wonders what kind of applicants the airline would finally get.

25 Lakhs for CPL, and now another 25 lakhs for job = 50 lakhs.

Somehow, a genuinely hardworking aspirant and 50 lakhs "spare money" dont really go together.

Oliver Bailey
28th Apr 2009, 15:16
Flapsto40 I also got the same email you received! Are you going? I've been trying to get hold of the contact at the bottom of the page, however to no avail today. To be honest I dont know much about the airline, some of the links on here suggest they are not great with new recruits...but this is PPRUNE. All I know is i've applied to over 250 airlines world wide now, and this is only the second airline I have had contact from, and the market in India is meant to be constantly expanding.

Can someone on here confirm what this 25 Lakhs charge is? Do they bond cadets or make you pay for the TR? The written test is meant to be on saturday, which is leaving it late for a flight from the U.K!!!

Cheers.

born1987
28th Apr 2009, 16:01
aviationdebrousee your math is little bit wrong there r not only pilots there are trainee ame,ame,engineer manager and 3 more posts and that total around 5000 applications and everyone have to give 750rs now that total 37,50,000rs.now this is math.

aviationdebrousse
28th Apr 2009, 16:37
I got to speak to contact mentioned in the email and he mentioned that after the exam the successful candidates will be intimated within ten days. However when asked for the number if vacancies he mentioned "the number has not been decided as yet. Depending on the number of candidates we will see,". Not sure what that meant. Anyways also heard from that they will be charging 16 lakhs from the successful candidate.

aviationdebrousee your math is little bit wrong there r not only pilots there are trainee ame,ame,engineer manager and 3 more posts and that total around 5000 applications and everyone have to give 750rs now that total 37,50,000rs.now this is math.

I was being really conservative with my numbers .We still are on the wrong side of the cash counter :ugh:

Somehow, a genuinely hardworking aspirant and 50 lakhs "spare money" dont really go together

Totally with you on this one.

born1987
28th Apr 2009, 17:07
they told about money also in your email or u got that by calling that no in email.and r they going to take written test only or interview too .and only one day it will take ?how many of u going chennai i hope that it could be somewhere else also like delhi.and who told they will contact with in 10 days to successful candidates.

aviationdebrousse
28th Apr 2009, 17:23
I spoke to Paramount regarding the duration of the exam. After the candidate is through the written he will be called for the interview

gourav.264
28th Apr 2009, 21:17
help....how to apply for this exam:confused:? if there is still time left to apply.....:suspect:

hfpilot
29th Apr 2009, 00:44
hi.is it a good Opportunity to go and give the written test???

flapsto40
29th Apr 2009, 06:36
This sure raises some important questions ...

1. Why do they need ten days to announce the results to the candidates ??

2. I also got to know that there wont be any official "results" list for the test. Only selected candidates would be intimated about selection/interview. Talk about transparency !

3. Why do they need to hire another set of trainees right now when there are already so many sitting on the bench waiting for their TR to begin ?

4. Apparently everyone who applied has been given a call for the test. Including those who have not even cleared the DGCA conversion exams or even started the licence conversion process .. why ??

In the end, it just proves that unless there's some kind of a strong pilot's union (with perhaps political backing), pilots will ALWAYS be exploited.
and then again, this is because all the airlines are very much aware of the fact that no matter what or how much we as commercial pilots try to clean up/improve the system, there are dumb rich kids with loads of $$$$$ who are most willing to part with it.

jet_air
29th Apr 2009, 06:39
My suggestion to all you guys would be to definitely give the exam a try to actually know what airline exams would generally be about.. it is definitely worth throwing 750rs down the drain..

born1987
29th Apr 2009, 06:58
buddy 750+traveling charges.well i got my confirmed ticket and i will be in chennai on 1may.hope most of you will be there

vinayak
30th Apr 2009, 08:40
Please don't waste your precious time and money on this :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: airline!

They have taken 25 lacs from so many guys. They are now terminated because they did not accept to sign the new contract which would make their salary to 15,ooo INR after being released on line as a f/o

Now they are "terminated"... None of them have got their money back.

I understand the fact that many of you guys WANT a job, but this is not the deal you want!

COCOCHANEL
30th Apr 2009, 14:16
If anyone plans to try for Paramount Airways, I suggest you have a talk with one of their first officers and the present trainee pilots first, and assess the situation. I also suggest calling up the h.r to clarify about the previous trainees' change of contract and their present policy. If you still decide to attempt the written and interview and eventually get selected, go to a good lawyer with the contract and let him check it out, and ask Paramount to add or delete certain clauses to protect you before signing it. You are not committed to them you are free to doubt, question, try or walk away.

aditya104
1st May 2009, 10:52
hey agent
that was some info for me..........such a big company can think so small.....i mean its disgusting.
whoever said " raping aspiring yound indian pilots" is the correct way of saying this.

you know what. I am going to write to the author of that article in Economic Times who wrote about paramount's expansion. lets c what he says.

In this article Airline managing director M Thiagarajan says that he will be deciding by June-July about ordering some aircraft. And they are also contemplating about 787 and a350. Thats big plans.

The author says that the airline is based in madurai. but thats wrong,,its based in coimbatore.

born1987
1st May 2009, 12:17
ya man everyone is right that company is fraud i gave there written paper today and they called every guy even though they r not having licence with them.now i am thinking that why i spend so much money on my traveling.paper was out of syllabus(dgca paper is easyier)and i complete that in 15min and got to know that salary will be 11000 and they just collecting 750 from 10000 applicants.and pls dont always mention that pilots r exploiting there is engineering and planning department also which is exploating.

born1987
1st May 2009, 14:45
result they r saying will come after 1 month .but they have already selected the candidates that for sure .just to make extra bucks they r conducting test .thats it .....
its really f..king stuff i spend a lots of bucks on travelling

jet_air
2nd May 2009, 04:18
you know what. I am going to write to the author of that article in Economic Times who wrote about paramount's expansion. lets c what he says.

:D..will support ya..

saurabhm_101
31st May 2009, 07:20
Hey guys,

Has anyone gotten a reply from Paramount regarding the exam?

Regards

HAWK21M
31st May 2009, 07:52
Currently Aviation out here in India is not in a very happy mood.Apart from Freighter Airlines,the profits are not great.
Suggest talk to some Ex employees/Current employees & get a feedback.

Personally I find it difficult to believe expansion in these trouble times.

regds
MEL.

RterO
15th Jun 2009, 05:20
has any1 recieved any response from paramount after their exam??

romyirimpan
15th Jun 2009, 12:01
hello guys,

even i wrote paramount exam and i havent received any reply from the company yet..its almost a month and a half...and i got to know from my friend in paramount that it will take longer to get the results..bcoz 16 pilots who were selected in last october hasnt gone for their training yet..

RterO
15th Jun 2009, 14:02
WOW...and dey're talkin abt expansion n stuff!!

shuchim
17th Jun 2009, 06:28
well friends i got reply from there that i am shortlisted and i have to take interview with them on 15 june but due to non availibility of ticket i cant reach over there

born1987
21st Jun 2009, 11:29
do any one else got call from them i too got call but cant reach over there.they r going to bring 10 airbus 321 and going to start international operation in last these year.

shanx
22nd Jun 2009, 06:16
from what I know (from a friend), Paramount has not yet prepared a list of candidates whom they intend to carry forward with the recruitment.

RterO
22nd Jun 2009, 13:17
then what about these guyz who've received a call from paramount.

romyirimpan
23rd Jun 2009, 13:35
well how did you guys get the reply..through email or phone call??

RterO
29th Jun 2009, 12:19
has anyone received any response from paramount lately???

romyirimpan
29th Jun 2009, 13:13
i called up balasubrhamanyam and he asked me to check mail for results..but i have not received any mails yet..i know the same has happened to two of my friends also..whether its a pass or fail they should let everyone to know about the results..and if they have not done that thats the worst thing any company can do to the candidates

capjonhdoe
28th Sep 2009, 06:51
please guys don`t ome to here,,,,it`s better stay at home.....don`t come to :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: you don`t wanna after some time doing this :ugh::ooh::ugh::{:ugh::sad::ugh:

COCOCHANEL
28th Sep 2009, 14:26
capjonhdoe, it will really be helpful to a lot of new cpl holders here if you can elaborate just a little bit more on why one shouldn't join... let's say, this :mad: virtual airline ...

capjonhdoe
1st Oct 2009, 15:31
Hey guys 9 (COCOCHANEL) if you wanna hear a relly good reason it ca take many pages, but honestly i can tell you this REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PEOPLE (MANAGMENT, OPS, MAINT, TRAIN, ) first they are gonna tell you that this is a paradaise and them they are gonna to show you how is the HELL:{

Belive when they said "PARAMOUNT A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE".

Don`t get trouble, live nice wit out them.