PDA

View Full Version : jaguar GR3A TECH ADVICE

reclinebutton6
25th Apr 2009, 20:53
hi fast jet people. i have been tasked to take an undercarriage door from one defunct jag(1) and put it on another resto project jag (2). now standard ops config is that the forward main u/c doors are closed as is jag (1),how do i manually open the forward main u/c doors,as it is held on by loose nuts, so i need access both sides to rob it. both aircraft have no power/hyd or electrics. is there a manual release somewhere on the jet..to drop the doors on jag(1).
many thanks.:confused:

Grandslam
25th Apr 2009, 21:05
I'm no Rigger, but I think you may need Hyd's...at least to use the hand pump to open the doors after selecting the door switch which is located next to the external power socket. Hopefully a Jag Rigger will come to your rescue.

reclinebutton6
25th Apr 2009, 21:17
manythanks

k3k3
25th Apr 2009, 23:32
I seem to remember the gear door switch next to the the ground power socket only operated the nose gear doors, but it was a long time ago....(Brüggen 1977)

flipflopman RB199
25th Apr 2009, 23:40
The switch next to the Ground Power socket isolates the main gear doors and prevents them from moving on the ground, however... I think in this case, you'd actually be as well loosening the Hyd unions to the door jacks. That would relieve the Hydraulic pressure and allow you to rob the door.

Obviously, this is not the correct way of doing things, but given the circumstances, I think that it is probably the quickest and easiest way of doing it!! ;)

Flipflopman (Jag Splitter)

reclinebutton6
25th Apr 2009, 23:56
thanks again guys:ok:

JagRigger
27th Apr 2009, 07:09
If memory serves me......

Nose door jack is in the centre of the bay roof, actuating a bellcrank system to move both doors together. There is no uplock as such, but can't recall if there is an internal one on the jack ( don't think so, but.... ) Either try disconnecting the hyds or the jack to bellcrank bolt.

Then, one actuating rod goes to the door and there are two hinge pins that can be a mare to remove, as they are in an awkward place.

Enjoy :ok: