PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Video Editing

SPIT
25th Apr 2009, 15:41
Hi
I have a Magix Movie Edit pro 11 Suite. I find this VERY complicated (I am a real thicko ???)
All I want to do is to take pic's off my Video Camera , cut out the rubbish and then put the resulting film onto Cd.
Has anyone any ideas of a SIMPLE SUITE I can get that will do this without all the rigmarole most suites seem to have. I dont need Fade IN/OUT or ANY of that just a simple scene cutter, is this too much to try to get ????:mad::mad:

Background Noise
25th Apr 2009, 15:52
When you say take 'pics' off, do you mean take 'video'? Have you tried Movie Maker which comes with Windows?

Tosh McCaber
26th Apr 2009, 09:35
Best thing I've found is a domestic DVD recorder, Panny, Toshiba, etc, which have simple editing features for cutting out parts of your video, or transposing chapters. I find them a lot easier than the full-blown computer movie editing programmes.

green granite
26th Apr 2009, 11:50
just a simple scene cutter, is this too much to try to get ????

Yep, :) The best I ever found for straight forward snipping etc was Animation Shop, the editor that came with Paint Shop Pro, the only trouble was it couldn't handle large files. After Coral took it over they discontinued it but if you can find a download for v7 or 8 it'll be included.

Bern Oulli
26th Apr 2009, 18:35
I use Magix Edit Pro 11. Yes it is a bit complex but once you master it some very acceptable results are possible. For simple cutting, once you realise that the scissors do not cut, as in split the scene, but cut as in remove, then the world is your lobster. The command needed is "Split" - find in the drop-down list under "Edit", and then "Cut" the offending or surplus bit. And what is wrong with wipes and fades, as long as you don't overdo it?

The late XV105
26th Apr 2009, 20:09
Video editing and DVD authoring has become a time consuming* hobby of mine. By far the best editing package on the market that I have come across is Sony Vegas, the stripped down version of the pro version used by many of the world's outside broadcast and other video-using units.

If all you want to do is snipping and cutting it will do it with ease and is a doddle to use but if, like me, you then find you want to do more when you see just how easy it is, the Vegas will take you as far as you want to go.

Mine cost about sixty quid from Amazon, including DVD architect bundled with it. The advantage of using DVD Architect is that if you render the edited video using the appropriate format it doesn't need to be re-rendered again when making the DVD. This doesn't just save time but also ensures no loss of quality decoding and recoding the source material.

One comment: I presume you don't really mean CD as you won't get much video of any quality on one.

*about forty hours work to make my last 45 minute epic after all the sifting through source material, thinking of a plot, choosing music, synching everything, and so on. This having started out like you wish simply wanting to cut out crap bits... :)

SPIT
26th Apr 2009, 22:34
Re my question about DVD EDITING.
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP AND ADVISE, I WILL LOOK INTO THEM ALL AND ONCE AGAIN THANK'S :ok::ok::ok: