PDA

View Full Version : New FRI for WSOps?

Cannonfodder
25th Apr 2009, 07:32
Heard a rumour that there was a new £150,000 FRI for WSOps that had passed the good looking exam.
That must be all of us then...............:ok:

shawtarce
25th Apr 2009, 08:47
I think that's a typo.
I heard it was £1500.00 for WSOs who could prove they had a personality

there have been no valid claims as yet

Op_Twenty
25th Apr 2009, 10:40
...very funny... ;)

thedonnmeister
25th Apr 2009, 13:16
Whats a FRI??? :confused:

camelspyyder
25th Apr 2009, 13:43
FRI - generally a random bucket of money thrown at a trade or branch with retention issues.

Pilots seen to get £50k every few years to stop them flying off to BA or Virgin (not during the credit crunch)

WSOps in the recent past have received 2 x £5k bonuses and 1 x £20k bonus.

Unfortuately they are often targeted at the wrong people - namely not me!

Oh well I'll just have to go back to counting my PAS pay.

CS

The Old Fat One
25th Apr 2009, 15:01
Unfortuately they are often targeted at the wrong people - namely not me!

Oh so true.

I got paid 2 X 5K gross in 2000/2001 as long as I signed up for three further years. I had to do two of them anyway to qualify for the extra pension attributable to the promotion I had just had.

Net result, 6K in the hipper for leaving in May 2003, instead of Jan 2003.

And me not even a pilot!

thedonnmeister
26th Apr 2009, 11:53
Does anyone know the current bonuses ect for WSOp?

9.81m/s/s
26th Apr 2009, 16:32
Yeah - stay in, guaranteed job for life unless you get badly injured. Free medical and dental and free work clothing. Numerous tax breaks, low cost housing, low cost food. All weighed up against time away from home and being d**ked about. But you are not in the trenches and when you do go anywhere nasty, you get paid extra and can claim council tax relief. Those are some incentives/bonuses for WSOps.

Or you could leave your £35-£40K a year job and try getting that in civvie street anytime in the next 5 years !!!!!

Just my thoughts.......

camelspyyder
26th Apr 2009, 18:31
There are commitment bonuses payable after a number of years service, however TDM since your current years service figure is sub-zero maybe you should walk before you run eh? There'll be a lot of water under the bridge before you get to bonus payments lad..;)

CS

soddim
26th Apr 2009, 19:00
This thread should serve to remind anyone who has not already noticed that the military is no longer a profession but is now just a job.

Door Slider
26th Apr 2009, 19:25
£35-£40K

That should read £26-£60

I have not heard any rumours of an FRI.
Having looked at trade manning numbers I dont think we will get one either.
I'm not saying we should or should not though :=

Lord Elpus
26th Apr 2009, 22:13
AMP briefing at BZZ last week only mentioned FRI's being continued for pilots and considered for WSO.

There are no problems in retaining WSOps, therefore there was no mention of FRI's for the knockers. Oh, but they have increased recruitment for WSOps.:sad:...but there is no retention problem....:ugh:

Also, all manning shortfalls will be fixed by 2013!! Everything in the garden will be rosy by then. It was put to them that those figures would only be achieved due to the lack of PVR's/leaving at option points in the present economic climate. Nope, the guru at HQ Air and his/her computer told them regardless of the economy 2013 is the date to aim for.

I remember the first AMP briefing I attended in '92.....'everything will be fixed by '95!:ugh:

Pontius Navigator
27th Apr 2009, 06:42
Ah, standby for redundancy package in 2012 then to rebalance :}