PDA

View Full Version : Westair - Blackppol

quant
24th Apr 2009, 07:27
I was wondering if someone can kindly share their ppl experiences with regards to the above school?

Thanks in advance :ok:

soay
24th Apr 2009, 07:39
Westair is friendly and honest - it's been going for 60 years, so is unlikely to go bust - but churns instructors. Mostly, they're hours builders who move on as soon as they get a better offer, but may stay on longer in the current economic climate. Westair do their own maintenance, so keep their 152s and 172s in good condition, even though most of them are long in the tooth. Once you get your PPL, you'll probably be left with the impression that you should get a share, rather than continue renting from them.

Potter1
24th Apr 2009, 08:41
Learnt to fly with Westair back in the late 80's... Thoroughly professional and competent.
P...

Flyboater
24th Apr 2009, 11:33
There are a number of clubs/schools at Blackpool. You could try ANT. They have also been around for over 60 years.
Pa28's in excellent condition, maintained "in house". Friendly, comfortable and sociable club who don't use "hour builder" instructors. All their instructors have been there for years. No problem renting aircraft once you are qualified.
I am obviously biased, but I really believe they are the best club on the airfield .