PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia shortlist

Slasher
24th Apr 2009, 05:19
Current A320 mate of mine wants to ask how long the process normaly is from submiting an AA on-line application to notification of any shortlisting? Thanx.

jetjockey696
24th Apr 2009, 12:10
Mr Slasher...

if you are a foreign FO.. it long long long wait. No Expat FOs, DCA has freeze on expats FO.. Capts ok.. (DCA is always like this until..there is huge shortage because the FO on a320 with 1000hrs on type will leave for the middle east where they earn approx..6000+usd tax free. not 2000usd per month) if local not for a few months.. there is a long queue to use the A320 sim, so training is delayed. just hang in there.. patience is the key with air asia...waiting for these guys to contact you is also lesson in it self... the lesson of patience and understanding.:ok:

i bet you cant wait to feel the of hunger of food on a 8hrs flt eh!! :ugh: been there done that.. anyway.. good luck...

Slasher
24th Apr 2009, 12:17
Thks jetjockey. I shouldve mentioned hes a current A320 capt in UK looking for a change. Wants warmer weather!

Eyes of Truth
24th Apr 2009, 17:28
What shortlist?????? It's Air Asia!

As long as you have at least one eye and one functional arm you're in!

Slasher
25th Apr 2009, 03:11
He says he went here

Welcome to AirAsia.com...now everyone can fly... (http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp?reference=jobspilot)

and says it was "jobstreet.com" or something which probly means its 3rd party.

Is there anyone in the AA recruting dept he can call?

I should get the lazey sod to do all this himself!

modeselectorignition
25th Apr 2009, 12:25
Hi Eyes of Truth,
You very sure about what you said? So easy to join AA? Well, probably up to last 2 months ago. Try now. Trust me, it won't be that easy. Don't believe, come for an interview, don't even bother a sim check ride. You may not even make it!:=

sayap-patah
27th Apr 2009, 03:08
yea you right man..their new Chief Pilot Training and Standard was A 380 Etihad project Manager ( also was a chief pilot training standard in EY ), i meet him before he left AUH couple's months back...don't forget Indonesia Air Asia just got 97% payrise this month..sure they will tighten the recruitment.

KaptenLanun
28th Apr 2009, 16:42
You very sure about what you said? So easy to join AA? Well, probably up to last 2 months ago. Try now. Trust me, it won't be that easy. Don't believe, come for an interview, don't even bother a sim check ride. You may not even make it!

I'm sure guys from the new team know what they are doing.......things will now get better with more big boys from proper airlines background given the go ahead!:ok:

CaptBMB
30th Apr 2009, 17:22
I currently flying as Capt in the 320 any idea what the pay is in Air Asia..what's the company's life style?

QAR
7th May 2009, 17:49
paypack in airasia:

fly 105 hours in 30 days and 1000 hours in 365days...

what you get 6 bananas 32 peanuts.and at the end of of the year for your hard work FAT TF will give 3 coconuts..

good luck mate

Safari Goat
9th May 2009, 20:48
Please,

Anyone have the info on the interview at AA?

babotika
12th May 2009, 21:57
Yes. PM me.

S.

slayerdude
14th May 2009, 08:45
I am a M'sian with 4000hrs command time on a widebody jet... Had a furlough option from present company and tried to apply to AA 4wks ago... Man!!!! didn't even get one foot in despite the fact.... they are really tightening up... even for Command positions!!!!

Kato747
3rd Jun 2009, 14:07
Did the AirAsia interview process very early March. "Accepted" post interview and sim detail. Got the "we will contact you with details of job offer and training date".

It's June now.... any questions/comments? :ooh:

777Efoh
3rd Jun 2009, 23:42
Kato747,

Same situation here. Interviewed in March and told thereafter to wait for work permit approval. PM me if you wish.

sayap-patah
4th Jun 2009, 10:42
special msg for "QAR", hey man are you still in the that dessert with white litle CEO in your side ,while one by one of your friends leaving ......well enjoy...be nice with the 3rd floor group so you can be there forever..he..he..please don't panic just because so many people leaving, headed to AA.....my advice ...just concentrate in mid-east forum man ....:ugh:cheers..enjoy the summer...

rajamuda
6th Jun 2009, 01:53
Latuk bangla gemuk may want to make latuk bai g-string Ak punya DFOlah. Latuk to latuk con game, woe betide Ak fellas if that happens!

BusdriverA320
7th Jun 2009, 17:44
Hi everyone

Does anyone know How long it takes to get called down to Malyasia
I passed the whole process done the TR and i am just sitting and waiting to get called down there
Any info

Thanks

KaptenLanun
8th Jun 2009, 11:47
BusdriverA320,
If after quite a while the still haven't called ya, then WAIT LONGER as that's the key to the game.........;)......unless you are willing to work somewhere else!!

Happy flying

2muchROSO
14th Jun 2009, 19:23
Are there any crew based out of Stansted? If not, what are the layover times in the UK?