PDA

View Full Version : South West Air Base - Charleville - Top Spot

rioncentu
23rd Apr 2009, 04:04
Had the fortune to drop into Charleville this week and found a ripper of a place for Pilots.

It appears to be a local flying organisation and fuel supplier who also runs a cafe etc.

It has a great cafe, clean amenities, nice verandah to eat your lunch on.

Just a great place. If only EVERY airport had somethnig like that, flying would actually be a fun thing.

I imagine this is similar to what the yanks have everywhere - An FBO?

I am sure there are more around, but I have yet to find antyhing as nice as this one.

No I am not associated with them. Just thought I would pass on some good news.

Cheers

morno
23rd Apr 2009, 04:11
I'm sure Cracker, Pete and Dave would be happy to hear the positive feedback, :ok:.

It's a nice place Charleville, and very accommodating to people passing through.

morno

jungledriver
23rd Apr 2009, 04:37
I agree, I had the same hospitality when I passed through!

Jabawocky
23rd Apr 2009, 06:33
Yep..... have posted my thoughts before, but will again!

they do provide one of the best services around!

Onya boys! :ok:

Now where is our fellow ppruner from BCV?

Ohh and you might run into Beachie as well.......more trouble in a pub than most can handle! :}

Back Seat Driver
23rd Apr 2009, 07:25
Passed through CV and found the Cafe, staff and amenities to be the best pilot friendly stop encountered in this half of OZ. If you're planning a trip, you could do a lot worse than dropping by. What a breathe of fresh air they are. :ok:

onthedials
23rd Apr 2009, 09:51
South-West Air Charleville is the most friendly and efficient GA stop in Australia. Highly recommended! Was there again myself last week. Two visiting English relatives travelling with me were most impressed too.
OTD

Ovation
23rd Apr 2009, 12:40
AND.......

Mrs Ovation appreciates the toilets being spotlessly clean :ok:

Feather #3
23rd Apr 2009, 21:35
A "must stop" if in the area. These guys are the best!

G'day ;)

flywatcher
23rd Apr 2009, 22:05
Agreed. Fantastic.

rioncentu
23rd Apr 2009, 23:50
OK so this DOES prove that it's not just ME that seems to end up at crappy airports everywhere.

Jabawocky
24th Apr 2009, 02:35
Nope! you are not alone!

This is turning into one big unpaid advert......but what the heck its totally deserved and should be seen as an example of anyone else able to replicate it elsewhere! :ok:

J

rioncentu
24th Apr 2009, 02:40
I guess I am guilty of NOT reading the rules and regs of PPRUNE.

But I reckon credit where credit's due.

Only been flying for 9 years but NEVER come across anything that good so I had to mention it.

Case (add...) closed !!

185skywagon
26th Apr 2009, 23:53
On behalf of all of us here at YBCV, thanks for your kind words.

As pilots, we know what it is like to end up at an airport where even getting a drink of water is dfficult.

We try not to have too many "bad hair" days, but it does happen every now and then.

cheers,

rioncentu
27th Apr 2009, 00:20
Hi 185

Yes I didn't meet any pilots that day. But made a point of telling the lady in the Canteen how great it was. And signed the visitors book.

Cheers