PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most boring trade in the RAF?

Smokinbarrels
21st Apr 2009, 21:32
My vote goes to the RAF Fire Service.
Ooh a planes got a vibration it might crash......fingers crossed........oh bugger landed safely maybe next time?!!! How about checking a few extinguishers? hydrants? drink tea? sleep? Volleyball? WHAT A BORING JOB!

MAINJAFAD
21st Apr 2009, 21:37
Oh dear, yet another thread ripped off another Forum.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Two's in
21st Apr 2009, 21:47
What about Forum trolling?

doubledolphins
21st Apr 2009, 21:54
Pilot.:ok:

Melchett01
21st Apr 2009, 21:55
Not looked at any other sites, so go on then, will bite if for no other reason than am bored.

E3 Nav gets my vote.

Maps - check.
Thermos - check.
INS aligned - check.
Know where we are / where we are going / time due back - check.
Right Captain, good to go and fly in circles for 9 hrs. Now who's for coffee?

:E

Torque Tonight
21st Apr 2009, 21:59
What's going on with all these one post wonders ripping off other forums? Quite a bombardment at the moment! Something funny going on.

Samuel
21st Apr 2009, 22:18
Smokinbarrells: living proof that not everything in life has a purpose.

Could someone point me in the direction of the thread he lifted his post from?

MAINJAFAD
21st Apr 2009, 22:23
From what I've just read on E-goat, where I first saw this thread topic and first post, it seems that the guy who posted it is an ex DFS Firefighter with more than one post. Though it is strange that there seems to be a lot of identical threads kicking off at the same time on a number of the Mil forums.

E-Goat Thread Here (http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=24522)

Samuel
22nd Apr 2009, 00:14
I don't know if "Smokinbarrels" served in an air force, or if he did in what capacity, or if he had an unusual accident when a thought struck him, but his attempt at "flaming" a particular trade , if you'll excuse the pun, displays an unbelievable level of ignorance as to how that trade functions.

In my 25 years service, I was privileged to work with some excellent firemen, both RAF and other air forces, and never once found the the alleged level of boredom, because, to a man, they knew precisely how fast things could go from being an observer, to total involvement in a serious incident. Collectively, the experience of accidents and incidents wouldn't guarantee an outcome, but their was a determination , always, to ensure "their" aircraft and aircrew got the very best result. It is, in fact, complete and utter bolleax to suggest otherwise.

I witnessed some extremely selfless acts, and in my own experience, and on the basis of what some one has already mentioned, you only have to save one life to justify your training, there is at least one former FJ pilot of my aquantance who is still alive today because of the actions of myself and my crew. That does it for me. What's SBs excuse?

NutLoose
22nd Apr 2009, 00:37
RAF Plods on QRA at Bruggen sitting in a glorified greenhouse come box whilst staring at 20 foot of fence for 3 years..... Shift or no Shift that had to rate as a soul destroying job.

PPRuNe Pop
22nd Apr 2009, 07:20
I had decided to get rid of this thread but now I will close it - just so that all can see some of the stuff that is being copied from sites like E-Goat. The poster who did this joined PPRuNe for that reason. Now he is banned.

I have closed or deleted some 9 threads now and I will watch closely for others.

Those who cut and paste from any other site will be permanently banned from this one.