PDA

View Full Version : North Norfolk Airfields

Okavango
21st Apr 2009, 18:49
Hi - can anyone recommend an airfield as close as possible to Holt in north Norfolk? I haven't got my southern England chart with me at present but would appreciate any advice on friendly places for a recent PPL. I'll be flying from Barton so any advice on route also appreciated. Thanks.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
21st Apr 2009, 19:11
Langham or Weybourne are the nearest.... Northrepps a little further. Depends on which type ya got:ok:

gordon field
21st Apr 2009, 19:33
Weybourne is right on the coast so land towards the West and you have clear approach. Landing to the East you come in over the hill and it is a bit downhill from then on. I usually take off towards the sea. It is home of the Muckleborough Collection of tanks and other military equipment. Great friendly place, decent cafe. Good food at Ship Inn at Weybourne. Both PPR.

Zulu Alpha
21st Apr 2009, 19:51
Muckleburgh details here (http://www.muckleburgh.co.uk/home.htm).

Nice chaps and chapesses. Last time I landed here they took me back to the aircraft in their Gama goat for free.

ZA

paddyboy
21st Apr 2009, 20:55
Little Snoring.

Charles Sierra
21st Apr 2009, 21:33
Little Snoring

Vick Van Guard
21st Apr 2009, 21:48
Little Snoring

Just had a cycle round the airfield, fantastic sunset this evening.

You can walk down to the main road (about 10 mins) and get a bus to Holt (X6?). Roughly one every hour during the day and takes about 20 minutes.

Weybourne is a bit nearer but it would be a taxi to Holt, or you could walk to Weybourne Station, run by North Norfolk Railway,and get the train to Holt (its a bit of a walk to the town centre though).

Dan Winterland
22nd Apr 2009, 02:50
I once flew from Sleap to Little Snoring. What a great Logbook entry!

stiknruda
23rd Apr 2009, 07:52
I normally go

Barton

south - low level corridor

Ashcroft

barter a transit through East Mids D (to south of the field)

Cottesmore LARS

Fenland

use Marham LARS/Lakenheath to ascertain that D208 is cold (my field is about 20 miles south of LT Snoring)

Lt Snoring

The above is from memory as I am not in front of a chart - but I do it a few times each year.

Dan Winterland
26th Apr 2009, 04:08
And while I think of it - starter for ten.

Q: You are fliling a flight plan to land at little snoring. As it doesn't have an ICAO identifier, that do you put in item 16 as the destination?

A: ZZZZ of course! You then add DEST/LITTLE SNORING in item 18.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb73/dbchippy/zzzz.jpg