PDA

View Full Version : IGRUA or flying schools abroad?

cockpitviper
21st Apr 2009, 13:40
Hi there, It's been a very tough decision to take, given the current scenario in Indian aviation (unemployed CPL holders numbers grown to 6000 and still counting).......which would be the best route to travel through....

What would you reccomend to new wannabes venturing out in this land of nowhere????

Does IGRUA is the best? Are there 100% placement? Is it the favorite of Air-India & Indian airlines? (but the CPL duration is long over here)

or

Doing the training in flight schools in USA, canada...would be the best?

Kindly fill in your recommendations...

Many thanks,

cockpitviper

maverick2872
22nd Apr 2009, 06:02
i would not recommend anyone to get a cpl for the time being, unless you have so much dough that you don care if you dont get a job, like you said 6000 pilots without jobs!!!! no joke, if you still wanna train i suggest US, there are many good schools in florida, california and texas, do not train in india if you want quality training

shanx
22nd Apr 2009, 09:01
agreed with maverick,

It would be really unwise to even think about pilot training and working in any airline/GA in India for the time being .. Unless ofcourse you have loads of cash to throw away (atleast some 40 to 50 lakhs) and if your dad or uncle is a captain or some senior person in any airline who can help you get a job later.

The fact that you are asking something like "100% placement" shows that you're perhaps not aware of the ground realities of this industry.
There is no such thing as placement or job guarantee in this industry. Cadet pilots of one of the popular budget airlines in India were left high and dry in the middle of their training about a year back, although now it seems they are slowly being taken in as and when they require them.

I have been doing my own research about the option of getting a type rating on my own on the A320, B737 etc and even that I've been told is a really unwise thing to do. (again if you have the money to burn, hell who cares what you do with it !)

So you can see the situation right now is really grim. :(