PDA

View Full Version : Brussels to probe seven airlines

quant
20th Apr 2009, 13:08
he European Commission has launched anti-competition investigations into seven airlines, accusing them of excessive co-operation. Two separate probes have been started, one into the relationship between Star Alliance members Air Canada, Lufthansa, Continental and United Airlines.
The other is into One World's American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia.
Commission spokesman Jonathan Todd said the launch of the probe "doesn't mean we have conclusive proof" of breaches.
The investigations are into transatlantic routes between Europe and North America.

BBC NEWS | Business | Brussels to probe seven airlines (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8008051.stm)

:sad::eek:

Fargoo
20th Apr 2009, 15:00
The EU are investigating proposals, rightly so. I'd hate to see already cash strapped airlines being handed massive fines again.
Hopefully this will stop any dodgy business before it has the chance to happen.

hunterboy
20th Apr 2009, 15:09
Pity they don't probe the finances and dealings of the European Commission. May be a few more people would end up behind bars for fraud and corruption.

Tjosan
20th Apr 2009, 15:27
Pity they don't probe the finances and dealings of the European Commission. May be a few more people would end up behind bars for fraud and corruption.

They can't, there will no one left to run the Euro business.

wobble2plank
20th Apr 2009, 15:49
They can't, there will no one left to run the Euro business.

What? Someone is actually responsible for running the Euro shambles??

Shoot them, immediately!

:mad:

3REDS
20th Apr 2009, 15:50
BA AGAIN!!

They have been probed more times than a cheap hooker within the last 15 years.:ooh:

dazdaz
20th Apr 2009, 16:15
And for the past few years, the accountants (50/50) can't sign off all financial book keeping. Tell you this.......I'm off to live in the good old Isle of Man, I like spanking when one is a naughty boy.:}