PDA

View Full Version : Look what I'VE got under the hood....

Hireandhire
18th Apr 2009, 22:13
it's that time of year again.
I only used it only a week ago and now look. Took me an hour to clean it all out. And before you ask, no, I'm not going to give up 6 weeks flying while they hatch!

( I did relocate it to a nearby bush though)

HnH
Login | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=417197&id=1045032013&ref=mf)

Hireandhire
18th Apr 2009, 22:30
I give up, I still cannot find the "manage attachments" button referred to in the FAQs.

You'll just have to imagine a hairy great birds nest sitting on top of the lh bank, with 6 nice little birds eggs in it. Wagtail I think.http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww176/ukjackson/th_CIMG0616.jpg

Shunter
19th Apr 2009, 10:10
Tada...

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww176/ukjackson/CIMG0616.jpg

PompeyPaul
19th Apr 2009, 11:47
All you need is bacon, sausage & friedbread and you're done.

Solar
19th Apr 2009, 14:56
It may be the baffle line behind and the shadow but you would think that the rear plug lead in that foto was cross threaded.

I remember once preflighting the club PA28 which was parked behind the club C152 and I could occassionally hear a rustling sound coming from somewhere but I could see nothing. I eventually traced it to the rear fuselage of the Cessna in which there was a trapped starling, only way to get it out was by removing the inspection plate under the tailplane. Further investigation revealed a large nest complete with two dead scaldys. Lord knows how long they were there or how long the bird was trapped in there.

IO540
19th Apr 2009, 18:51
You need a classier plane, and then you would attract a classier kind of bird :)

Hireandhire
22nd Apr 2009, 21:40
Shunter thanks.

I'll get the hang of inserting pics one day.

Now I'm worried about that plug lead.... but it was worth the effort cleaning out the nest to get to the vintage aeroplane club bash at Fenland last Saturday.
Lots of nice vintage stuff was there but blimey that fixed-gear Twister is good looking.

regards
HnH

Dan Winterland
23rd Apr 2009, 07:05
Static dispaly line at an airfield (think it was Leicester) in the early nineties, an Avenger based at noth Weald parks next to me. Me and the pliot were chatting when we heard a noise from inside his aircraft. After a couple of minutes of wondering what it was that was making it, a very disorientated and lost Essex squirrel jumped out of the fuselage onto the tarmac, looked around for a bit them ran off to the nearest trees!

effortless
23rd Apr 2009, 09:05
Hoo hoo I hope that it wasn't a protected species. you may regret osting.:=

Hireandhire
24th Apr 2009, 22:53
Blast, and there's me forgetting the First Rule of having Bats* in your Building ....which is to tell no-one at all.......! !

I'm sure they was sparrers really Guv.

HnH
* No intended reference to Bobbington Air Training School - circa 1995 - whose PPL wings I am proud to wear. Keith Bill or Eunice Roberts - are you out there?