PDA

View Full Version : Excellent service - VS20 17 April

MR7958
18th Apr 2009, 19:38
Firstly, apologies if there is a more appropriate place for a posting like this or if the mods think that Pprune isn't the place for a post like this at all. I am motivated to post, however, by the 'SLF experience is miserable' thread elsewhere in this forum and want to give a different point of view.

Last night (17 into 18 April) I flew PE from SFO to LHR on VS20. More or less nothing went wrong, save for a delay getting on stand at a crowded LHR, and moreover the cabin crew and ground staff at both airports were excellent. Particular praise is due to the Virgin cabin crew who could not have been more helpful (prompt service, great flexibility with food and drink, efficient solving of a problem with the AVOD system, dimming the galley lights to let us sleep better and so on).

I don't work in aviation, but think it cannot be anything other than disspiriting to read endless threads on the SLF part of this site complaining and bemoaning the state of aviation in the 21st century.

Let me start a scandalous new rumour - more often than this site would have people believe, cabin crew and airport staff succeed in delivering excellent service to difficult and demanding customer, often I imagine for precious little thanks.

So, to the cabin crew of VS20 yesterday, thank you. :D

eliptic
18th Apr 2009, 20:38
MR7958

Nice post!

This is the times you really enjoy flying!:) a tip! give your FA a choice from the tax free perfume showing your appreciation:ok: i do this every time i feel like you!

CornishFlyer
19th Apr 2009, 10:04
eliptic-Although that is very nice of you, most crew are more than delighted to just receive a thank you during disembarkation or if you feel it's worth it, contact the airline with a letter of thanks. This goes on their record and doesn't cost anything either ;) After all, we're just doing our job :ok:

eliptic
19th Apr 2009, 13:58
CornishFlyer

I know and i do this 2,,,I am flying regular on the 13 :zzz:hour AMS-MNL (777)route and i m so happy the times there are nice Crew on board..and the perfume are them well earned running like crazy there:ouch:

Contrary some crew should stay away from this kind of work,,hehe

I also know some passengers are pain in the ass,,but please donīt let them destroy for those that appreciate a good service

anyone here working the

KL 804 MNL AMS-MNL route?

CornishFlyer
19th Apr 2009, 21:38
Well that is damn fine of you sir. Working long haul routes that are busy is tiring work so it's nice to see the work is appreciated-I'm sure the KLM crew appreciate their perfumes too ;)