PDA

View Full Version : Cayman Islands

flyndad
17th Apr 2009, 18:16
Anyone know the procedures or where I would look if I was interested in setting up a flightschool on Cayman Island?

WAGGLER
17th Apr 2009, 20:12
Cayman Caa...which Is All But Name Uk Caa.

Check 6
19th Apr 2009, 00:14
Cayman Islands Civil Aviation (http://www.caacayman.com/2005/)

Cayman Islands Airport Authority (http://caymanairports.com/Content/default.asp)

You could also network with Marcus Cunber who is the Manager of Island Air - the only FBO on the airport at Grand Cayman (GCM/MWCR). +1-345-949-5252 .

AL-MEHDAR
9th Aug 2010, 03:32
I am a Saudi pilot nationality hold a CPL/IR with multi engine rating from Philippines CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of Philippines). My uncle has a heavy Jet aircraft registered in CAYMAN ISLANDS with (VP-Cxx). My question is Can I fly as a first officer on his aircraft with my licenses (of course after getting the type rating).
regards

Check 6
11th Aug 2010, 19:53
A-M, I believe that you will need to obtain a Cayman Island validation based on your CAAP license. If the Cayman Island accepts the CAAP license for validation, you can apply for this through their web site.

You will need to FedEx your application and certified copies of your licenses and training records (according to the instructions). You can receive your validation via email.

The very nice lady who processes validations is Ms. Debra Naused e-mail [email protected]

Validation application (http://www.caacayman.com/portal/page?_pageid=1901,4677016&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL)

AL-MEHDAR
11th Aug 2010, 20:04
I just recevied this email

Dear Mr. Al-Mehdar

Provided you have the type rating you can then apply to the Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands (CAACI) for a Licence Validation that will allow you to operate the aircraft as a co-pilot .

Kind regards,

David Biehn
Director Air Safety Regulation
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
Unit 2 Cayman Grand Harbour
PO Box 10277, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands, KY1-1003
Tel 345 949-7811
Fax 345 949-0761

AL-MEHDAR
12th Aug 2010, 03:38
yes I got the email but still confused. For examples: Should I do a check-Ride or ORAL exams or written exams? (if yes where & how)
Is it just a paperwork to do this vaildation?
Which TRTOs are approved for them to get the TR?
Should I go there in cayman islands to finish all these?
you know it's a lot of questions waiting for answers
regards

Crosswind Limit
12th Aug 2010, 07:35
What's happening at Cayman Airways these days?
The website offers little insight.
Any need for captains experienced on type?
Do you have to be Caymanian or is being from the region ok?

Check 6
12th Aug 2010, 12:12
AL-MEDHAR, there is no check-ride and no written as this is a "validation," not a "conversion." You don't have to go there as it can all done via FedEx and email. You need to submit the application, fees, and certified copies of your licenses and medical.

They do not care where you get your type rating but you do need a type rating on your license for that jet.

Crosswind Limit, I don't have an recent information regarding Cayman Airways. I used to be based there for a private owner but I left two years ago.

flufdriver
13th Aug 2010, 01:51
Crosswind limit;

Currently no crew needed @ KX, further, several FO's ready for upgrade if there is a need and several young pilots ready to come on to the jet from Express. Chances are slim at best if you're not Caymanian.

fluf

Crosswind Limit
13th Aug 2010, 10:33
Thanks fluff.

It sounds like postings and promotions are based on seniority then?
I assume that like Bermuda, where I am from, the cost of living in Cayman is very high. I am curious to know approx what 737 captains at Cayman Airways earn?

Xwind.