PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Ground School

Simon Woodward
17th Apr 2009, 13:08
Hello All

Me again, any of you experience of the above, particularly keen to get real feedback re their use of the DVDs/computer aided learning and on line testing, whats it realy like?

Simon.

Frankly Mr Shankly
17th Apr 2009, 14:11
They are very good indeed, but if you search on here you will find stacks of stuff on it, Id start with a search.

Parson
17th Apr 2009, 14:42
If you search the forums (not always that easy) you will find no end of ringing endorsements for BGS. I went there and would highly recommend them. Was pre on-line days but their notes are by far the best I have seen, and I've seen most.

Cirrus_Clouds
17th Apr 2009, 17:11
.......and I'm using the material right now! lol.

Again, just like above, I compared all the other flying colleges material, it was a choice between Oxford's or Bristol material, and Bristol won the choice.

I highly recommend them too, well presented and in colour, unlike some others. :ok:

jono1978
17th Apr 2009, 17:20
I have recently finished with BGS and passed all exams 1st time, with a 93% Avg, they're excellent! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

igarratt
17th Apr 2009, 23:41
I think it;s generally accepted that bgs are the best at what they do.

The such a let down to what would have been a perfect pack age is the online question banks for the sample caa questions (rather then just sample papers) is changed extra. not only that but the access is for 3 months, making sure you cant just get one 3 month block for your passes one and two

very odd decision and have to say after all their amazing packs and such high quality presentation was a let down.

The week by week leaning diary is a brill way to break down the mass of topics.

LH2
18th Apr 2009, 00:07
the online question banks [...] is changed extra.

At £50 per three months that's hardly likely to break the bank in terms of aviation studies, is it? That's about 8 minutes flying time on a Seneca :cool:

Option C
19th Apr 2009, 10:12
I paid the £50 to use their question bank in the lead up to my theory exams. I owe my first time passes and decent average to them. Using the Bristol database is essential preparation!