PDA

View Full Version : Pay expert required!!!

harrier123
17th Apr 2009, 13:02
A bit of advice from a pay expert please.

While I have been bore at work I have been looking at the pay review 09. On page 61 there is a scale call 'Officers commissioned from the ranks' It has levels 1-15. It seems a silly question but who is this for? Various PSF's have different answers for this. Is is just WO's which seem strange as level one is 40k ish and most WO's would on more than this. If it was just WO's why does it say 'from the ranks' and not WO's

Thanks

Mr C Hinecap
17th Apr 2009, 13:20
We don't just let WO's go for commission you know. There are other ranks who have made it through the barricades too!

I'll say it quietly - former SAC's and Cpl's are currently holding commissions! Shocking I know!

ProfessionalStudent
17th Apr 2009, 13:25
Mr Hinecap

I commissioned from the ranks and didn't go on to this pay scale..

Mr C Hinecap
17th Apr 2009, 13:29
I didn't say you did - I was just informing the OP that we don't just commission WO's. I know that there is a certain percentage pay increase upon commissioning - does this scale cover that? Or the FS who commission?

harrier123
17th Apr 2009, 13:31
I know, I was a cpl! Just wondering what that scale is, is it the old branch officers?

PTC REMF
17th Apr 2009, 13:54
Is it tri-service or is it the army LE officer scheme?

Avtur
17th Apr 2009, 14:45
Its exactly what it says on the tin: A pay structure for airmen (any rank) who get commissioned. Therefore you compare your airman pay with the next highest level on this pay spine and thats where you start your Officer pay from. You move up one level each year.

spheroid
17th Apr 2009, 15:05
I can't believe that we are allowing airmen to become Officers..... we'll be allowing women to fly next....!!! Stop the rot

harrier123
17th Apr 2009, 15:06
Avtur,

Thats what it seems but the admin office is say it is not! Do you have any knowledge of this? Has this scale been stopped?

Riskman
17th Apr 2009, 15:36
you compare your airman pay with the next highest level on this pay spine and thats where you start your Officer pay from.

So a former SAC and a former FS commission on the same day and ones starting pay is several £k more than the others?

Thats what it seems but the admin office is say it is not!

I should think not!:ugh:

ProfessionalStudent
17th Apr 2009, 17:37
I've got a feeling this is for the Army and it's LEs (I stand to be corrected), or maybe Branch Officers...

I was a FS on commissioning and went on to the next highest equivalent officers' pay band (F/L level 4, I think). As I gather, an SAC would normally grad a Fg Off and would go straight onto Band 6 Fg Off pay. eg top rate SAC Tech - £27500 (2008) would go onto Fg Off Band 1 £28200 (though I seem to remember something about there needing to be a 5% increase, in which case he/she would go on to Band 2 Fg Off). In my case, I gradded as a Fg Off and then marked time until I had 4 yrs seniority as a Flt Lt.

minigundiplomat
17th Apr 2009, 17:43
You should listen to Professional Student, he knows his rights!