PDA

View Full Version : Blackbushe Aviation, and Redair

aintboeingaintgoing
17th Apr 2009, 12:00
I am looking for some info on Blackbushe Aviation, and Redair

I have done the search on google and also used the search function on here so if I have missed a trick I am sorry but just cant seem to find any recent information on them, I am about to do my CPL and they are reasonably close to where I live so that makes them an option….

Usual questions then…

Anyone here with them at the moment …. Or been with them recently?
Standard of training
Costs

Anything else anyone can add to help me with my decision before I go out there and see them

Many thanks

Leezyjet
17th Apr 2009, 13:14
I used them for a few hour building flights a couple of years ago, and to be honest I didn't find them to be the most friendly or helpful bunch.

At the time I was a shiny new PPL holder, and on the check flight during a steep turn, to the left, my door popped open - as I was trying to hold it shut with my elbow to stop my knee board and chart falling out, the steep turn all started to go wrong and the stall warning was just starting to squeak - I told the instructor what was happening, and rather than taking control from me, putting us straight and level and letting me close the door again, he just flipped and started shouting at me instead which kind of threw me as I had never been shouted at by an instructor before. I ended up sorting it all out myself but I was then on edge for the rest of the flight.

I managed to pass the check flight, but only did 3 flights with them as they were not that friendly on the ground either - if you were not in their "gang", they would hardly say a word to you so after 3 flights, I sacked them off and went elsewhere.

They may have changed now, if they have some new staff, just passing on my experience of them.

:)

PilotPieces
17th Apr 2009, 18:39
Training there now. Check your pm's

kurt0375
12th Sep 2009, 00:37
Long time no see, i went around to Cabair at blackbush when i got back from sa it was very formal almost like 43. Where abouts do you live, i found a school/ club at thruxton called Western air they are more layed back but still professional like Border Aviation.

Sciolistes
12th Sep 2009, 18:15
Don't know what the place is like now, but I trained PPL to CPL/MEIR between late 2002 and 2006 (part-time and weekends only). Found them to be great value, very flexible, friendly, with professional high standards.

I have experience on four flying schools in total including two big names, they compare nicely.

The fleet is uninspiring but generally reliable. Common sense prevails with sensible prioritisation of training flights if one or more of the fleet becomes AoG. They also had (have?) an excellent ELITE FNPTII simulator for IR training.

Another factor I never considered was that I had no problems getting hold of all my training records which some authorities require if you work elsewhere in the world.

g21agoose
12th Sep 2009, 18:18

XXPLOD
13th Sep 2009, 08:22
I learnt at Western Air. Relaxed atmosphere but some very good instructors. They now do CPL training.

Privatairdreaming
13th Sep 2009, 21:13
Hello,

I know your asking about blackbushe and Redair, but I just thought I would mention Sky Leisure in Shoreham as they are all related. I dont know if it is of any use to you but I did my CPL with SkyLeisure in June and I have to say I was very impressed with them. I got the majority of flying done in 10 days and then I was basically just waiting for an examiner and alot of them seemed to be on holiday at the time.
The staff was great and instructors are amazing. All the staff will help you to the very end with anything you require even if it means them going into the office early to make sure you can get everything ready on the morning of your test.