PDA

View Full Version : One Six Right

flyingfoxy7
16th Apr 2009, 17:59
Hi, having had a love of flying for as long as I can remember and love seeing the world the wrong way up (or is it the right way?) whilst aerobatting a Slingsby Firefly I was so looking forward to getting my hands on what promised to be a fantastic film, 'One Six Right'. Alas, I have been trying for 2 years and can only get copies suitable for American DVD players. I am sure some must have been made for UK audiences: can anyone help? I will happily pay for a copy if anyone has one that they have finished with, or could loan to me. If you live in Lancashire perhaps I could swap a copy for an aerobatic trip?
Thanks

dont overfil
16th Apr 2009, 18:47
Try transair.
DO.

Zulu Alpha
16th Apr 2009, 20:14
I have an American version. My DVD players play multi regions. One had to be converted, but a quick Google search showed what buttons to press.

BTW, I don't want my copy of one Six Right any more if you'd like to make an offer for it.

DJ

invertedspin10
16th Apr 2009, 20:26
I bought a copy of it from Amazon.com in the US and payed the shipping charges. it was much cheaper than getting it via amazon.co.uk.
Im pretty sure my DVD player is NOT region free and it seemed to work fine. I dont think this dvd has a country code
Its a great film by the way

SoundBarrier
16th Apr 2009, 21:32
If you already have the American version, multi-zone your dvd player.

Using google search for your dvd player (full model) and region-free or multi-zone.

Good luck. And can anyone tell me how good this movie is? I Likes movies!

Zulu Alpha
16th Apr 2009, 22:31
And can anyone tell me how good this movie is?

Buy my copy and decide for yourself!!!

It is very well/beautifully filmed. However, I don't think the flying sequences are very exciting.

Its about Van Nuys Airport and is a cross between a documentary about its history and a plea to make sure it is supported in the future.

It has special memories for me as I learnt to fly there and my first Solo was made there.

Worth seeing but not a keeper, which is why I'm selling my copy.

ZA

Genghis the Engineer
17th Apr 2009, 08:24
In my experience, the cheapest DVD players you get from somewhere like Tescos are region free, or you can watch it on your PC, which shouldn't care either.

G

Mike744
17th Apr 2009, 10:15
It is beautifully filmed. For the best experience try to watch it on a home cinema system with a large screen, picture definition and sound quality is superb but agree with ZA that flying sequences are somewhat uninspiring. Interesting though seeing much of Van Nuys Airport life story.

Sultan Ismail
18th Apr 2009, 05:21
This is not a feature film, it is a documentary supporting van Nuys Airport, as such it shows flying in the early days morphing into the present flying scene. The modern day shots are fantastic when seen on a big screen and with theatre sound, filmed in PanavisionHD you can see every rivet and every ripple on the skin of P51's and Pitts.
One of the characters interviewed is Clay Lacey, he marketed the original Lear Jet, but his claim to fame is he co-ordinated the aerial sequences in Top Gun, and there's nothing wrong with them.
I watch "One Six Right" often, just to see the aerial ballet of a red and white Pitts laying smoke.
I bought my copy at an aviation shop in South Africa, but use it on my Sony theatre player in Malaysia. I bought the Dambusters and Dr. Strangelove at HMV in Cambridge and also play them on the Sony. What's this region thing?

B Fraser
18th Apr 2009, 12:01
it was filmed in HD but sadly is not available in Blu Ray :{

flyingfoxy7
21st Apr 2009, 08:06
Thanks fpr the replies! I'll look into converting my DVD player to play all regions then make an offer for a US version!