PDA

View Full Version : North Sea Puma Memorial

collbar
15th Apr 2009, 16:56
It was good to see so many turned out for those so tragically lost in the Puma crash at the memorial service today.

Not sure how to marry these two subjects.

I didnt see a Prime minister at the Memorials of either the Hercules or Nimrod crew! The royals had the grace to attend i remember.
Is there some cut off point at which a Prime minister will attend a memorial, or does Broon not care as much for servicemen!

NDW
15th Apr 2009, 17:05
He probably doesn't give two s**t's.:mad:

I watched the memorial on TV today, I thought it was such a nice way to pay respects.

And if I'm honest, even then brown didn't look as if he was interested in the memorial.:=

barnstormer1968
15th Apr 2009, 17:12
I was thinking something broadly the same when I heard this on the radio earlier.
I am glad their was a good turn out today, and only have positive thoughts towards all involved. On the other hand, as G Brown is not the most popular figure in many military eyes, then maybe it's not too bad a thing he is absent from military repatriations/funerals.

RIP to all from the Puma incident, and courage to their families.

minigundiplomat
15th Apr 2009, 18:37
RIP to all in the Puma, condolences to their families.

The attendance of any Cabinet Ministers or Cyclops himself, will be purely motivated by the paucity of Labour votes in Scotland.

serf
15th Apr 2009, 20:03
He is here for a cabinet meeting in Glasgow I believe.

Cows getting bigger
15th Apr 2009, 20:06
The Rev (John Jolly) looked familiar though.

FrustratedFormerFlie
17th Apr 2009, 17:33
Its Andrew Jolly actually, but perfectly possible he looks familiar. Career 1 was as an Army Chaplain, career 2 as an RAF Chaplain, now in career 3 as oil chaplain

Agree he did a an exceelent job on a very dignified occasion

Cows getting bigger
17th Apr 2009, 19:10
Sorry, you're right it was Andrew. I was sure I had seen him in a mess bar somewhere. :)