PDA

View Full Version : 5000 vacancies for Indian pilots in near future?

rsathish
15th Apr 2009, 07:57
Hello friends,
The news says 5000 vacancies for young pilots of India in near future?
click.
(http://indianaviationnews.net/careers/2009/04/more-than-5000-trained-pilots-to-get.html)

is this a believable one or just another story?

captbala
15th Apr 2009, 16:48
Trying to be pragmatic about it, I quote from the news article .The news only says :-

The move will benefit more than 5,000 youth who during the pre-meltdown aviation boom trained as commercial pilots in countries such as Canada, Russia, the US and the Philippines, spending Rs25-30 lakh in the process, but are now without jobs. It will also benefit about 2,000 youth who are soon to complete pilot training

It doesnot mean there will be 5000 pilots recruited.It will benefit certain number of people true...but the number will depend upon the vacancies created by reducing the retirement age to 60 etc...cant expect 5000 vacancies.

Good Luck

indian eng
15th Apr 2009, 17:08
indian political promisise r on heat now so it is also part of it mate not more than that just see what happen after election.but if age is decreased to 60 then situation can be little bit change approx 700 new hiring thats it.

aditya104
16th Apr 2009, 01:07
no more than 70 vacancies at max. this is what is called media wrongdoings...

saperaa
16th Apr 2009, 01:12
nothing is going to happen.
its just media licking politicians on run up for votes.

if age limit is reduced to 60 from 65 means more left seats vacant not right seats...for young pilots which they are campaigning for.

these young pilots are not getting any look by the airlines because of aviation cycle.
and some airlines are taking experienced pilots only (captains/left seat)during this down trend.
65 will remain 65 i think.

SATC7
17th Apr 2009, 08:29
I am not able to comprehend that if we can see that somebody is tryin to fool us , is the media not able to see or are they part of the controversy to extract money out of people by givin them baseless hope .... if latter is the case then its really a intelligent game they are playin ....watsay

av8r76
19th Apr 2009, 05:54
SATC

Please refer to the previous track record of gold mines waiting for 19 yr olds in the newspaper articles written by so called journalists who are a shame to their profession.

Do not, I repeat, do not believe anything you read in the papers. it is not the papers who are out to deceive, but the people who stand to benefit from this deceit who have contacts in the media and feed this drivel to the mindless journos who don't understand the concept of investigative journalism.

Just think about it.... reducing the retirement age from 60 to 65, will eliminate 5000 people from the companies' rolls. Do we even have 5000 pilots working in all the airlines, GA, corporate etc in India? These wild crazy numbers are an eyewash and people fall for this way to easily. As they say... a sucker is born every minute.

SATC7
19th Apr 2009, 13:49
Thanks for your concern man but I am already been trapped into this ... I already have put in money into this and now I am just appreciating the wits of the people who are behind this :ok: .....there is no way 5000 vacancies can be created ....now to reiterate what you have said and to magnify the same point ...even if all the F/O and captains(not just 60+) working in the industry today aer fired even then 5000 vacancies cannot be created .....this is based on the fact that so far DGCA has issued arnd 8000 licenses since 1950s out of which 2000 are unemployed and consider another 1000 retired ...its just a gestimate.. this much maths we all know i suppose :ugh:

Sky Dancer
19th Apr 2009, 13:55
Absolutely buddy,if you're thinking of getting a CPL go for it and take a couple of friends along with you.Live your dream , jobs are waiting ....last count I think about 10,000 openings in the Indian aviation sector in the next 5 years....so go for it man:ok:

rsathish
5th May 2009, 17:18
well sure i have to say thanks for all of you...
nice advice friends... i'll keep in mind about it...

rsathish
5th May 2009, 17:26
any way sky dancer is with positive note...thnx mate..

Nevrekar
6th May 2009, 02:17
The point that many in the media, politicians etc are missing is that they are putting all pilots in one category. In other words a CPL with 250 hrs is by media definition a qualified pilot. While the statement is true, what is this individual qualified to do? Since there is no general aviation in India these pilots are vying for right seat (first-officer) jobs at the airlines, which are very scarce at the moment. Many First-Officers at the airlines right now are under 25 years of age with little experience. It will take them a few years to get enough experience before they move to the left seat. Until they move to the left seat, there will be no vacancies, unless more airplanes are added to an already saturated market. Changing the retirement age from 65-60 will eliminate many expat captains and a few Indians as well. It will only reduce the number of available captains, and that's where the shortage has been all along. There just aren't enough F/O's as yet to fill those slots. Only time will tell if it is prudent to upgrade candidates with minimum requirements and limited experience. The Government and the DGCA are mandating this under political pressure. Furthermore, if an airline shuts down (possible in this environment) there will be a further glut of qualified candidates in this market.
My feeling is that June/July 2010 will see the departure of majority of expats.
The DGCA and the airlines are working towards that reality.

B737NG
9th May 2009, 05:03
With every Training Capatain that goes earlier then 65 years of age a potential of Trained Indian Pilots goes as well. He does not fly to train them means that the Indian Pilots do not get the reqiured expirience to get rid of the ExPats as they wish. Think what you wish. Other Regions in the World had the same problem before, there is nothing new. You cannot buy expirience, you can just gain it thru time. Indians have time I have been told, do they have patience as well? Growth is there and if You look to Australia a few Years back they had not enough Jobs as well available so the Pilots where flying any Junk to keep the Skills high and do not loose connection to it, Did they got paid for flying? Not enough, some of them flew for free. Time will tell. God forbitt that the price will be a fatal loss before the arrogance calms down and the staedy growth is done with common sense and without the eager of a National pride, could be arrogance as well. The Border between the two is thinn as the Ice the Young Aviators stand on.

I am happy for every fellow who makes into a seat. It is natural that the Candidate from the right seat intents to move left, that takes some time, more the many people think. To "Command" as the Indians state that is a wide range of responsibility. Matured Pilots get that faster then some Hot-shots who fly faster in the previous carreer...........

Fly safe and land happy

NG

Sky Dancer
12th May 2009, 08:24
Good post NG , I hope the right people are reading this thread :ok: