PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on rescheduled ticket.

pulse1
14th Apr 2009, 10:34
My youngest son had a terrible day yesterday trying to get to Copenhagen. He was booked on a flight departing LHR at 20:OO and, after an accident in the carpark and not being able to get his luggage out of the boot, he discovered that his flight was overbooked. He was rescheduled on a flight today departing, he was told, at 14:00.

He is currently driving up to LHR for this flight and just received a text to say that his flight left at 10:00. He is now preparing for a battle when he gets to LHR. Apparently he was given no written confirmation. Is that normal?

Can anyone quickly give us some advice.

lexxity
14th Apr 2009, 10:36
He would normally have been issued with a printed itinerary, usually printed at the ticket desk. Was it with the same carrier?

pulse1
14th Apr 2009, 10:56
lexxity,

I'm not sure but, from looking at the Scheduled flights, the 10:00 flight would have bee a different airline.

ptr120
14th Apr 2009, 11:09
who was the text message from?

pulse1
14th Apr 2009, 11:16
Good question ptr120 but, as he is presently driving to LHR, I can't answer that. When he stops, he will be at LHR so I guess he will then have to fight his cause.

I do know that it was the original airline which arranged his new flight, They are the only people he has dealt with so far. The trouble is that, having just had to abandon his luggage after an accident, he wasn't in the best mental state to deal with yet another problem. I have only spoken to him on the phone.

pulse1
14th Apr 2009, 12:03
Discovered more of the plot now.

He was offered a selection of alternative flights and he chose the 14:00 departure the next day because it would give him time to recover his luggage.

He was told that he was booked on the 14:00 flight and he quickly left to sort out his car.

After being told that he had missed the 10:00 flight he looked at the ticket and saw that it was for a 06:15 departure. The plot thickens.

He is argueing as we speak.

Anyway, thanks ptr120 and lexxity for your interest.

Michael SWS
14th Apr 2009, 12:10
So at no point during this saga did your son actually read what he had been given to check which flight he was on?

pulse1
14th Apr 2009, 12:25
All is well that ends well. He is on the flight he thought he was on and has been upgraded as well. Well done SAS.

Thanks again to those who showed an interest.