PDA

View Full Version : Classic Fighters, Omaka, '09

Old 'Un
13th Apr 2009, 23:42
A big "thank you" to the organisers of a great weekend. Thanks, too, to the flight crew(s) and the groundies. Fabulous flying weather made for some really impressive displays. A treat to see the the Deere Spitfire Mk9 and the Avro 504 along with all the other warbirds and civil aircraft of yesteryear in the air.

Special thanks to 38 Sqn's Caribou displays. A shame that we're not likely to see such a display again on this side of the Tasman.

Cheers all,

Le Vieux

conflict alert
14th Apr 2009, 07:31
Was a good weekend out with fantastic weather. Shame some of the aircraft earmarked to fly couldn't. Personally don't think it was one of the best for Omaka but still fun.

Not impressed with the advertised cost of 45/day to find 55/day when turning up to the gate (I actually think thats illegal if its been advertised according to the commerse commission)

Don't think the use of horses was appropriate for the land based re enactment as was demonstrated by the 2 horses that threw their riders and dissappeared in a gallop down the runway causing one aircraft to overshoot. They should have seen on Sat that the animals were clearly uncomfortable being so close to the "bangs".

The construction on the hill was a bit of a let down on Sun.

Flying routines need to change a little.

My 2 cents worth anyway

Fark'n'ell
14th Apr 2009, 09:30
conflict alert

Agree with your comments. I thought the airshow was not as good as the last two.Many aircraft which were advertised were not there.Don't think I will bother next time.