PDA

View Full Version : WizzAir KBP-LTN

Michael SWS
13th Apr 2009, 22:02
There were a lot of angry passengers at Kiev (KBP) today. It turned out that WizzAir had cancelled its Monday flight from there to London Luton at almost no notice, stranding many dozens of people at the airport. Some were able to get tickets for the BA flight to LHR - at £340 one-way! - but most were (apparently) simply left to fend for themselves until the next scheduled Wizz flight on Wednesday, with no guarantee of a seat on that flight either. The WizzAir counter was unmanned, and people reported getting no assistance or advice from their (premium rate) customer services number.

Strangely, the timetable on WizzAir's website no longer shows a Monday flight from KBP to LTN. And there is no acknowledgement that there ever was one (and certainly no acknowledgement that today's was cancelled).

Is this now the way in which low cost airlines behave? I thought Ryanair was pretty unique in its cavalier attitude to its passengers, but this incident suggests that it is not. No wonder the general public is becoming disillusioned with the entire industry.

Number34
14th Apr 2009, 10:18
You get what you pay for

Abusing_the_sky
14th Apr 2009, 10:43
I thought Ryanair was pretty unique in its cavalier attitude to its passengers

It happens all the time in LoCo's everywhere. Ryanair's mistakes get more publicity because, well, it's Ryanair.

I had a chat with a Wizz Air CC who happened to be on my flight couple weeks ago and she was saying she's worried about the airline's future. Rumour in their galleys is that they won't last for much longer :sad:

But then again, don't believe Galley FM.

Rgds,
ATS

kingston_toon
14th Apr 2009, 12:36
Wizz Ukraine have chopped and changed their routes and schedules about 5 times now since before they even launched.

Lviv to London and Kiev also seems to have gone without any sort of announcement. The flights all went to "sold out" status last week, and have now disappeared from the booking engine. Lviv is now only served from Simferopol.

This does leave me thinking the two Ukraine-based aircraft don't have a lot to do all week now!

Endeavour
14th Apr 2009, 12:43
Some were able to get tickets for the BA flight to LHR - at £340 one-way!

There were still seats left on the bmi flight KBP-LHR yesterday afternoon. The one way fare is less than 1/3 of the BA fare quoted!

Michael SWS
14th Apr 2009, 22:40
I cannot say for certain what the fares with BA and BMI were yesterday - I was simply told by a couple behind me in the boarding queue what they had paid for their last-minute ticket- but I find it hard to believe that anyone would have willingly paid 3 times the price of an identical flight leaving 25 minutes later.

But who knows... sometimes the irrational behaviour of the low-cost-airline-loving general public amazes me.

danielson81
16th Apr 2009, 22:46
Over the years they have become a mirror of Ryanair (in a way). Look at their charges and the airports they fly to.