PDA

View Full Version : FAA Private Single then Private Multi OR Private Single to Instrument?

Aerocadet
13th Apr 2009, 14:02
Good day!
I would like to ask about the choosing your path in earning your pilot's license (FAA).

Private Single -> Instrument -> CPL Single -> Multi Add-on
OR
Private Single -> Multi Add-on -> Instrument -> CPL Single

Honestly, I am considering ATP flight school's career program. They will soon be accepting international students which adds another flight school in my list. But I would really like to know the advantages of their program which focuses on multi-training.

Can anyone shed light on what path would be better? Thank you soooo much!

BoeingMEL
13th Apr 2009, 14:55
Assuming that you're planning to train for a multi-engine IR, I would suggest you do you multi-engine add-on before you start your IR training.

(You'll have your brain-cells fully occupied during the early stages of your IR training and the workload is much higher if you're not experienced on multi-engine types.)

Hope this helps but others may think differently!

Cheers bm

Aerocadet
14th Apr 2009, 10:10
Hello again!

I am really considering to build time in Multi-Engine a/c because there are only a few instructors here in our country rated for ME (from sources in different flight schools).

Thanks for the information!

By the way, statistically, you think most pilots go through single engine IR then ME in the USA? :ok:

Pugilistic Animus
14th Apr 2009, 19:39
I have always felt that flying is made up of two discrete elements--irrespective of 'legal requirements
1. the stages are 'contact', instrument, aerobatic and formation [optional]
2. then the 'types' ASEL AMEL ASES, AMES, turbine propeller, Jet

but the airmanship lessons learned in the 'stages' mostly translates to the 'types', and the introduction of types allows on to become familiar with applying lessons learned during the stages to be utilized on ever more complex systems/ procedures---with the biggest divide occuring between SE and ME and Sea and Land and Piston and Jet---just my opinion and view though

PA

Bri85
14th Apr 2009, 20:34
the Multi route is very expensive compared to the Single Engine Route, but if you got the cash or want the time (wish you can do it later when you have all your ratings) you can go the multi route.
I did the multi route (this is what i did)- did private single/ private multi/ multi instrument/ upset recovery-aerobatics course (tailwheel endorsement)/ multi commercial/ single commercial add-on. and debating what is my next move.-