PDA

View Full Version : Allegiance Air

Flying Muse
13th Apr 2009, 12:31
On the job market and have been told that Allegiance Air may be looking for pilots. I have also heard some very contradictory reports about the company.

Would appreciate some feedback!

Gooneybird
13th Apr 2009, 13:55
I don't know any specifics. There's always negative feedback about every company with the exception being Solenta who's pilots seem to really enjoy their time there. Personally their pay rates always put me off a bit, along with never being offered a job there lol but, everything else about them sounds awesome.

The negative feed backs whilst often fully deserved can cause you to miss a golden opportunity. It's all about the terms and conditions and your current situation. Do you know the terms and conditions?

Fuzzy Lager
14th Apr 2009, 07:00
It seems to me that there are 2 Allegiance companies. They all used to be the same venture but then the management had a fight and went seperate ways with the same name. So you have Allegiance who own the Emb120's and a bunch of Bae146's and work mostly in the Congo, and you have Allegiance at Lanseria who don't seem to own anything and I'm not sure what they do.

Can anyone shed more light on this?

Flying Muse
14th Apr 2009, 09:44
Yes it is all a bit confusing. I went into the Allegiance office at Lanseria thinking it was the same company but was then redirected to their office in Bryanston.

The company appears to be fragmenting again though its all a bit unclear!!

kleintjie
14th Apr 2009, 10:48
rumor has it....they have split up again, this time into 3 seperate outfits! eish! this is only a rumor of course.

Fuzzy Lager
14th Apr 2009, 11:14
And news just in, Gautengflyboy is spearheading the marketing effort for the Lanseria outfit

sslut
15th Apr 2009, 17:22
Not so FL, but a good guess!
However it seems GFB has some inside info as he is on the numbers. Allegiance Charters is not to be confused with Allegiance Contracts. Different companies altogether unfortunately sharing the same name causing confusion. You will however only hear one Allegiance callsign and that belongs to Charters. Gooney has the best answer of the lot and Flying Muse is decidedly miffed by the sounds of it. But then again it is a rumour network :cool:

greenno
15th Apr 2009, 18:55
Any Website or e-mail?

Thanks

Fuzzy Lager
16th Apr 2009, 10:49
Try Allegiance-Air (http://www.allegiance-air.com)

Flying Muse
16th Apr 2009, 16:47
No, not miffed, just cautious. I have spoken to a few people about the company and want to make a decision based on true information, rather than just pilot rantings.

kleintjie
17th Apr 2009, 16:03
Its confirmed, Allegiance Contracts as we know it is now no more - split into 3 different outfits ;)

Fuzzy Lager
19th Apr 2009, 16:43
do you have more details?

kleintjie
20th Apr 2009, 15:46
this is only a rumor network...so...my source is a pigeon that carried the note to me.

Allegiance contracts' aircraft owners have gone their seperate ways, each taking the aircraft that they owned under their own management...enough for now.

APPARENTLY one of the companies will also be buying an old NASA space shuttle fuselage, and will be spear-heading an assualt on space. I can't verify this though.

Flying Muse
20th Apr 2009, 19:38
:}:ok::D:)

Flying Muse
21st Apr 2009, 05:16
Well, thank you all. While I was really hoping for some more substantial information, it seems that no one has anything overly positive nor negative to say about Allegiance Contracts. With that in mind I will keep looking for work but if nothing else comes up I can certainly try for a job with them.

sslut
22nd Apr 2009, 12:43
As from the end of April the only Allegiance will be Allegiance Air (Pty) Ltd. This is the company based at Lanseria and has NOTHING to do with the "contracts" company. They do however have contracts with some serious players and are looking to expand. In the current economic climate one has to keep the business running and the charter market being suppressed the way it is one has to find work where ever possible. Hope this clears it up once and for all :confused:

spagiola
23rd Apr 2009, 00:26
So which bit has the BAe 146 contracts in Congo and Gabon?

Flying Muse
23rd Apr 2009, 13:54
Allegiance Contracts has the aircrafts up in Congo and Gabon. As far as I knew they had aircrafts all over the place but obviously with this split no one really knows whats going on. The guys I am in contact with working at Allegiance are rather frustrated!

greenno
24th Apr 2009, 09:38
Thank you

Any information about career in that Web... :rolleyes:

theBOSS
25th Apr 2009, 02:48
BEEN FINKING....this company sound fine,but...whos behind the curtain. As soon as this oke behind the gordyn get tired it will be another badmouth episode like egoli or somefing like that. Sure he will reply with 1 of his 3-4 prune nicks soon.

Anyway ...carrots to u all.

Tumurwithit
14th May 2009, 16:50
Great company to work for. Minimum maintenance on their aircraft They have a fantastic way of laying off pilots by not paying them. Not even the decency to let them know. You find out from your bank account that you have not been payed for the month you worked and then no further communication.

Flying Muse
20th May 2009, 12:50
You too!! Seems to be a trend.

kleintjie
20th May 2009, 14:07
Excellent that.

The Allegiance that I know. Lovely group.

Goffel
21st May 2009, 10:24
Just heard that they were busy talking of employing pilots........(not certain whether that is a rumour or not).

Anyone varify this?.

kleintjie
21st May 2009, 14:54
I have heard/seen the same.

Depends how much you value your life and licence...and of course if you enjoy Brazza or LBV - I hear they very nice round this time of year. Friendly people, clean streets and beaches, lovely night-life that will grab you by the balls. Literally.

TheEqualizer
22nd May 2009, 18:10
Your'e a real comic! I work at Allegiance and didn't see you at the office once, yet you earned (not) almost R1m per annum! By the way did you refund the $30k odd which Allegiance paid for your BAE simulator sessions?

Tumurwithit
23rd May 2009, 03:41
I suppose you know exactly what the job entails and that means sitting in an office all day looking busy. That way everything looks good. All training is done from the office and dont worry in Africa an ATO is not necessary as formal training is obviously not an issue for you. Would like to see how far you get with the recognition of your experience operating in Africa in the most illegal environment available. If you had sums at school you would be able to calculate that the rating was paid back by savings to the company as opposed to the expensive illegal ratings currently being obtained from the company. Lets see what happens when an accident/ insurance claim befalls you.

As far as overpaid is concerned it seems to be an accepted fact that the companies training captains get paid less than the line captains.

Wonder if the same fate wont become you some day. If a man is happy as a pig in dirt he should stay there. Its an accepted fact you cannot change a mans ways.

Fuzzy Lager
23rd May 2009, 08:39
Tumurwithit-Since their money was clearly good enough to take for a while, perhaps you could tone down the badmouthing. People like you who have nothing to say while the cheques are coming but will never shut up once you have left are the equivalent of a wart on a pigs butt. Clearly you didn't choose to leave, they bulleted you, so where were your ethics then? Was the maintenance/lack easier to overlook at that stage?

By the way 'payed' is actually spelt paid.

TheEqualizer
23rd May 2009, 09:43
Thanks FuzzyLager, it is nice to know that we have some support. This is a difficult business and we try to do our best, despite the Tumurwithit's of the world. As an aside, we are now bringing further BAE's to RSA and are actively looking for good people to join us. Regarding our training, it is conducted regularly in accordance with international standards, in the same simulators used by Cityjet, etc.
As much as I dislike being drawn into character assasinations with the likes of Tumurwithit, I must have one final word. If I am being characterised as a pig in dirt, then, I would suggest Tumurwithit would be the Sh#t that I step on. Discussion over in this regard!

theunequalizer
23rd May 2009, 11:14
Not really, I don't think it's over. The BAE ratings may be on par, but why not focus on the EMB's? I have it on good authority that ratings were done en-route, zero base training - I met a co-pilot who didn't even know what the re-call items were for the E120, who refuses to land the aircraft etc.

I know of one pilot who after refusing to fly an aircraft in an ill state was told to pack bags and go home.

A lot need to be said about this company. No I don't work for Allegiance, thankfully. I have nothing to do with them.

Cheerio everyone :)

Mister Geezer
23rd May 2009, 22:28
So happened with the BAe 146 overrun then? :confused:

TheEqualizer
24th May 2009, 07:11
ATC, some crew error and a contaminated runway. ATC did not provide wind conditions and landed them with a tailwind. Under these conditions the runway was marginally too short. The crew were immediately sent on recurrent ground school and then back to the simulator to practice in similiar conditions. I am sure many pilots on the forum can relate to this.

Mister Geezer
24th May 2009, 09:41
Thanks for that. Sounds as if the crew had little chance of stopping looking at the circumstances, unless they were very light and the tailwind was small.

Junior-dog7
24th May 2009, 10:55
this may sound wierd but theres actually 3 different allegiance companies all operating under the same name.

1st being under eric mouritzen who owns the majority of the bae's and the e120s. as said he operates mainly in west africa

2nd being the recent breakaway of the original allegiance with the remainder of the aircraft who have the mozambique contract with 1 e120 based out of jhb int and the other e120 based in maputo. I have reason to believe they also run the comoros contract with a bae and e120

the 3rd allegiance is based out of lanseria, they own none of their own aircraft. the company runs solely as a charter company and sub leases aircraft from all over.. shirley is the charter queen in this set up and has connections all over the aviation community to meet all charter needs. anything from kingairs to g550 bbjs and 727s. if you go to the allegiance website its this allegiance you will find.

all 3 of these now separate companies used to operate essentially under 1 roof but as management sought different ideas decided to gradually split neither of them willing to change their name.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

theres alot more to the allegiance story but for another day

TheEqualizer
24th May 2009, 11:36
This is mostly correct. The original Allegiance was charter (Shirley and Eric), which split mostly because of a conflict of interest in the usage of the aircraft and a difference in the core business. This happened about 2 years ago. Allegiance Contracts remained with aircraft leasing mostly in West Africa and the Comores. Recently, a seperation occured along the lines of the aircraft owners: African Airlines Investments, 2 BAe's and 3 Embraers, and now manage the Comores contract; and Sahara Africa Living, 2 Embraers, and now operate in Mozambique; Allegiance Contracts remains with 7 BAe's, 3 Embraers, 2 Shorts's, Citations, King Air, 737, and operate in West Africa still, but intend starting new contracts closer to home. I hope this sheds some light.

sslut
25th May 2009, 15:48
As from 1st May there is only one company that may use the Allegiance name and that is the company at Lanseria, as has been said before. The why's and how's are not for public consumption however. Suffice to say there is a lot happening there but it's not for broadcasting here. I'm sure the rumour mill will catch up with reality soon, until such time lets not confuse the issue as to who is not doing what or who...:ouch:

Flying Muse
29th May 2009, 17:32
But, ATC never gives wind at Port Gentil, the BAE crew should know this. "Cleared to land, wiiiind not available"