PDA

View Full Version : The Great Circle?

Jimmyob
13th Apr 2009, 12:17
Has anyone used "The Great Circle" for any instruction whether it be for theory or practical flying?

I'm considering taking an intensive theory course there to get it all done.

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks,
Jim

liam548
13th Apr 2009, 14:51
someone asked about this a few months ago, not sure there wrre many replies.

Certainly have a great website offering alll kind of courses!

mad_jock
13th Apr 2009, 15:00
Well where do we start.

1. There web site doesn't have any company information on it apart from an address in York. Which is illegal in this day and age.

2. Company House only has 2 company's with that name or similar both of which have be dissolved.

3. The CAA doesn't have any record of such a training school.

4. The domain name is registered to a none trading individual which allows it to withhold the domain name owner. Another technical breech of the rules.

5. There is no mention which airport they are based at.

6. There is no mention of what fleet of aircraft they have.

My advise would be to keep the hell away from them and even if you do contact them and they seem OK don't pay up front.
I must admit reading that site gave me a very uneasy feeling which is why I bothered to check company's house out etc.

Shunter
13th Apr 2009, 15:19
The Great Circle's flight training programs are based at Full Sutton Airfield. Full Sutton is set in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, just a few minutes drive from the historical City of York. Our professional flight training programs are based at Durham Tees Valley Airport.
Further info here (https://www.pprune.org/4781301-post3.html)

mad_jock
13th Apr 2009, 15:34
The website is still not legal and doesn't give the required information.

L'aviateur
13th Apr 2009, 16:12
However, following the introduction of the Companies Act 2006 it is now a legal requirement to display your company’s registered office address on your website and any electronic communications. Most people will put this information on their contact page of a website or on the footer of the home page.

Didn't believe you on that requirement MadJock, but just googled it and sure enough:

Legal Requirements for a Registered Office Address | www.registered-office.co.uk (http://www.registered-office.co.uk/legal-requirements-registered-office-address)

mad_jock
13th Apr 2009, 16:27
Its also got quite a few other things which are going to cause the chap a huge amount of problems if he doesn't watch it.

1. He is running an EOPS outside the banking rules.

2. His domain name is registered illegally as a none trade.

3. He has no VAT status on any of his prices.