PDA

View Full Version : ME/IR Revalidation / Renewal

stefair
12th Apr 2009, 16:48
Hi,

Here's my situation: JAR CPL ME/IR issued by UK CAA. ME/IR done in Spain. ME expires in July, ME-IR expires in August. Currently based in Northern Ireland and looking for a good (cheap!) school here or in Republic of Ireland where I can do the revalidation. Any recommendations?

And second question, I am told to be starting my TR for a turboprop with a regional headquartered in a JAA member state other than UK. TR training will probably begin end of this year / early 2010 the very latest. Was also told, will have to transfer my CAA license to that authority. Now, my question is, would it be possible to just let my ratings elapse and do the renewal during TR altogether?

Many thanks for help guys!

portsharbourflyer
12th Apr 2009, 23:34
For your first Multi Crew type rating you will need to have a current SPA ME/IR ( I am assuming this is your first rating and that it is a multi crew rating you are undertaking).

When you complete your type rating you will be issued a Multi Crew IR, the multi crew IR will not count for renewing or revalidating your SPA ME/IR.

If this is your first IR revalidation then you can revalidate the ME/IR in an appoved FMPT2 Sim (the next renewal will need to be in the aircraft), this will give you a current ME/IR but will not revalidate your MEP. However for the type rating you only need the ME/IR to be current, the MEP isn't required.