PDA

View Full Version : Emergency announcements/scripts on airlines

cdd
12th Apr 2009, 15:12
Hi,

I am sure you all know the pre-recorded safety announcements, turbulence announcements, seatbelt announcements that exist on most airlines (usually, the crew opt to say it all themselves, but occasionally you hear the pre-recorded ones).

This got me thinking, I am sure that there are recordings for when an emergency takes place on the plane, for example an emergency descent.

I'd be incredibly interested to hear some of these unusual/rarely heard recordings (for any unusual circumstance on an aircraft), or the scripts for such recordings, but I've searched everywhere and can't find them! So I thought I'd delurk from PPRuNe to ask if any of you might have, or be able to get, copies of the scripts or preferably recordings - from any airline, although BA would be my preference if these are available.

Many thanks if anybody in-the-know can help satisfy my curiosity!

Cdd :)

PS - sorry if this is in the wrong forum - please feel free to move it if I've put it in the wrong place!

Avman
12th Apr 2009, 18:03
According to the SUN manual it goes something like this:

Ladies and gentlemen we have just entered a terrifying dive in an attempt to make the headlines in tomorrow's SUN. If you scream and panic loudly and visibly enough to warn him, the pilot will endeavour to pull out of this dive at around 10,000 feet. Upon landing, SUN newspaper representatives will meet you for counselling.

Load Toad
13th Apr 2009, 03:48
More like:

'We are now plunging towards a school and terrified passengers should scream - or pray as most likely a bomb has gone off and you can measure the flames coming out of the engines.'

Load Toad
13th Apr 2009, 06:55
"Group hug"

OFSO
13th Apr 2009, 08:18
"All self-proclaimed famous arctic explorers please take deep breaths and prepare your statements for the media"

Load Toad
13th Apr 2009, 09:20
"Could reality TV celebri-scummers please make their way to the front of the 'plane".

Abusing_the_sky
13th Apr 2009, 09:38
"All self-proclaimed famous arctic explorers please take deep breaths and prepare your statements for the media"

:D:D:D

Thank you OFSO, you made my day :ok:

Rgds,
ATS

tart1
13th Apr 2009, 12:07
I think, judging by the replies so far, that this is indeed in the wrong forum!!!

One for Jetblast perhaps? :)

Load Toad
13th Apr 2009, 12:26
"Was it really worth the hassle of trying for an upgrade?"

6chimes
13th Apr 2009, 12:50
"Ladies and gentlemen this one is gonna make 'air crash investigations' on Nat Geo, some dopey engineer probably fitted the wrong size screw somewhere and the Captain will probably get blamed. Thank you for flying with ..........
:ok:

cdd
13th Apr 2009, 20:26
Some very funny replies :-)

However it does look like I've got the wrong forum, is there any chance a moderator could put it into a more technical forum for me - or would I be best to just re-create the thread?

Thanks... Chris :)

PAXboy
14th Apr 2009, 02:10
I recall reading of an occaision when the pre-recorded emergency announcement was inadvertently played out. Fortunately, as I recall, before take off!

ssflyer
14th Apr 2009, 11:36
Once woken up on a Qantas BKK/LHR flight over the Stans in the middle of the night with the recording of something on the lines "prepare to ditch in water-adopt brace position" which was immediately switched off and a FA came on with a "sorry wrong recording" !
No I did not dream it and in todays world Qantas would have a raft of lawyers after them in a class action.

magicmorris
21st Apr 2009, 13:20
There are a number of different Emergency PA's, Some are pre recorded and some have a script.

We have a video, very much like the safety video, that demonstrates, emergency landing / ditching that should be played should anything happen!

al446
21st Apr 2009, 17:47
It don't matter to me what they say as most of the time I can't tell what they are saying, modern day BR announcement I think. If "Brace for impact" was announced I would think it was FR's attempt to sell upmarket game.
Coming back from Murcia 2 weeks ago, FO, I assume, got on blower and went on for a good couple of minutes, wife & I looked at each other in puzzlement and just shrugged. Thank **** we were not going to ditch in Hudson.
Maybe FD crew should be given some training in using PA properly.

Option C
23rd Apr 2009, 20:38
"Ladies and Gentlemen say after me, 'Our Father who art in Heaven...'"

DerRoteBaron
23rd Apr 2009, 21:23
I hope I never come across any of these recordings :uhoh: :)... Turbulence is the scariest one I came so far xD and I dont want to go further =)

nebpor
24th Apr 2009, 10:03
If "Brace for impact" was announced I would think it was FR's attempt to sell upmarket game.

They shout that out every week when I'm landing at LCY - every landing there is like an emergency as the captain battles with the controls to land the 146 on the narrow strip of black :E

Abusing_the_sky
25th Apr 2009, 17:30
Quote:
If "Brace for impact" was announced I would think it was FR's attempt to sell upmarket game.
They shout that out every week when I'm landing at LCY - every landing there is like an emergency as the captain battles with the controls to land the 146 on the narrow strip of black http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

Funny ol' thing, FR don't fly there. It's an airport for girls, as Mr ATS kindly put it.
Care to rephrase that? ;)

Rgds,
ATS