PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Airport To Get Grand Prix Circuit

Stationair8
9th Apr 2009, 08:28
According to some aussie motor racing publications, Lindsay Fox and the Linfox group have approched the Victorian Government and the Melbourne Grand Prix organisers about building a permanent Formula 1 circuit at Avalon Airport.

The idea is to save the costs involved with assembling the grandstands, toilets, pits that have to be done each year at Albert Park.

The F1 guru Bernie Ecclestone will have the final say if it gets moved from Albert Park.

CaptainMidnight
9th Apr 2009, 08:37
GPs are held in locations where the scenery adds to the eye candy.

AV is a dustbowl ........

CharlieLimaX-Ray
9th Apr 2009, 08:49
Avalon the Monaco of Port Phillip Bay.

To the north the lovely Werribbee pooh farm and to the south the lovely settlement of Geelong.

Mr.Buzzy
9th Apr 2009, 09:34
I'm sure he would just love having a captive audience at Foxworld.

"While visiting the Grand Prix, why not stay trackside at Fox Towers? Sample the cuisine at FoxDonalds. Water anyone? Try some Fox Spring for just 8 bucks a bottle. Excuse me sir, I think your "air voucher" may be running low, just pop over to the Fox Life booth to renew your air subscription!"

Rubbing hands together wryly.... "Hahahah now you're mine, there is no escaping my fortress, there is no transport to the dark city of Melbourne and visitors must use Foxport or park their cars in Foxpark!!!!..... I will let you out for (nibbling little finger) one million dollars!!!!! bhawwwhahahahah

Holy smoke, the dustbowl would only see international visitors once!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

compressor stall
9th Apr 2009, 11:49
Would they have to pause the race (safety car??) whilst there is an aircraft on 20 mile final until it lands? :}

aulglarse
9th Apr 2009, 12:05
So, if it rains thoroughly it may be a sorry sight to see those grid girls get mud and sheep poo stuck to their heels! :O

Perhaps the organisers can recommend the use of UGG boots?;)