PDA

View Full Version : Quantas

Luke Darkstar
8th Apr 2009, 16:36
Hi out there!

A young man asked me this question, I said, I will try to find out some information.
Can anybody give information about if Quantas is still hiring cadet pilots? What are the minimum requirements for application? Or maybe any other place in Australia to become a commercial pilot?

I don't have the slightest idea about Australia...

Thanks in advance!!

maxdrypower
8th Apr 2009, 16:42
Have a look at the QAntas website or get the "young man" to do it himself

suas
8th Apr 2009, 21:47
get a life maxdrypower, this forum is for helping people out and sharing the advice, :ok:

Mikeb744
9th Apr 2009, 02:10
If you cant even spell the name of the Airline, what hope do you have :eek:

Maxdary is right tho, all Schoolships for flying are advertisied on the QF Website :)

BelArgUSA
9th Apr 2009, 03:17
Has QUantas any scheduled flights to QUatar...?
xxx
:E
Happy contrails

Luke Darkstar
9th Apr 2009, 03:31
Hey, stay cool.
Thanks for help. Pprune as we know and love it.
Very good, you never do any mistakes...

Atlas Shrugged
9th Apr 2009, 03:33
you never do any mistakes...

MAKE any mistakes :ok:

Sorry, couldn't resist

maxdrypower
9th Apr 2009, 08:56
Oh Im so bad , Im going to go back to my life of heat magazine and jeremy kyle then I suppose .
Suas just out of interest how helpful on a scale 1-10 do you think your post was???

tmpffisch
9th Apr 2009, 10:04
You may have to elaborate a bit more.

Do you mean "Are Qantas hiring it's graduate pilots after they finish the cadet program?" - I believe the answer is 'not necessarily'.

Do you mean "Is the cadet program still running?" - The answer is yes, through select universities.

Minimum requirements for what? Cadet, Direct Entry, or a job as a commercial pilot?

IMO, airlines aren't the way to start in the industry.

bill.lumbergh
13th Apr 2009, 13:30
You can start with no flying experience if you are doing the uni course. If you want to enroll in the commercial course you need an Australian CPL. They have suspended the course pretty much for the year and announcing about 2010 by the end of the month. Also (with current economic circumstances excepted) you'd have to screw up to not get in to Qantas after successfully completing its cadetship.
Hope that helps, also there is a lot of info about the cadetship on the Qantas website under >about us>employment