PDA

View Full Version : Airasia Have Been Doing This Ever Since??

QAR
8th Apr 2009, 12:47
THE SUN UK APRIL 7TH 2009

PILOTS with budget airline easyJet flew into a rage last night over plans to scrap their free tea and coffee.

Crews have been told that in future they must bring their own milk, teabags and instant coffee for in-flight brews — though they can still have free hot water.
Another cutback infuriating the airline’s 500 pilots is that on flights of up to ten hours they will now get only one hot meal instead of two.

The economies have been drawn up by easyJet bosses to try to counter falling sales and cut prices.
The airline, founded by Greek-born tycoon Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, reported a 35 per cent drop in annual profits to £123million last November.
But crews were furious and their union rejected the plans.
One employee said: “They should rename the airline MeanyJet.
“It’s not a lot to expect meals when you are travelling. We spend hours in the air and have to be at airports very early.
“Do they really expect us to bring sandwiches and teabags? It is petty and ludicrous and the offer of free hot water is downright insulting.”

Union boss Steve Turner, national secretary of Unite, called the plans “penny-pinching”.

But easyJet, which has seen passenger numbers drop by 7,600 a day, said cutbacks were needed because of the “challenging economic climate”.
The airline told The Sun: “We have been in discussion with staff on improving crew efficiency and reduction of costs.”

QAR
8th Apr 2009, 12:51
AIRASIA have been doing this since they exsisted????

but what a load of bullc##p????/

bring your own teabags and meal on a 8-10hrs flights..

its disgusting no matter how you look at it....

come on..construction workers get a meal at their worksite...

THIS IS NOT AVIATION..NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!!!!

AXELYUDIST
8th Apr 2009, 14:06
:= never 2, slavery... pilot......

Left Wing
8th Apr 2009, 15:46
WOW and pilots in SQ, CX get hot towels and evian water

moneytalk001
8th Apr 2009, 16:51
It's true....:uhoh:

Ive been told..some of the boys and girls would skip....their meal have it when they get home or when they land..

or buy it from outside it's cheaper...gofigure..:eek::confused:

bmwm5
9th Apr 2009, 02:22
he he he air asia pilots only get 2 bottles of CACTUS water..............no matter how long your flight is!!!!

sjetliner
9th Apr 2009, 03:38
Once, when on a flight with AirAsia, I saw 3 flight stewardesses having their dinner at the back of the plane. They were eating nasi lemak wrapped with banana leaves and old newspapers. When I asked them why they can eat food brought from outside, they giggled and said they had special permission.
At another time, I saw a captain coming out of the cockpit and handed a instant noodles cup to a flight stewardess and asked her to fill it with hot water.
I do not understand why technical and cabin crew are not given any free food and drinks in AirAsia. Can they really save that much?
SIA pilots eat either business or first class food.:ugh::ugh:

minibus330
9th Apr 2009, 04:08
Here are my suggestions to save costs:
1. Hire midgets as crew. Less weight means lighter aircraft which will lessen fuel burn.
2. Wear shorts, slippers and a light vest as uniform. In the raw will be better.
Same reason as #1.
3. Flight crew don't need to carry bags to work. Just carry your passport and license in your
pockets. Or a plastic bag will do. Same reason as #1.
4. Only 1 pilot needed for flight.
Train a monkey, give it the 4 bars and pay it peanuts to take over the Capt's job.
Afterall, chimps have been taught to perform tricks, like riding a motorbike.
5. Change the regulations, 1 cabin crew for every 100 passengers instead of 50.
Then get the aircraft manufacturers to produce aircrafts with one door only.
Minimum cabin crew required is now down to 1.
This will slash the cost of salaries.
6. No cutlery on board. Use your hand and fingers. Air India style.
But make the food so delicious that the finger will be licked clean.
Maybe the pax next to you may lick yours too.

Any more?

QAR
9th Apr 2009, 14:14
minibus330...

mate you nailed it...

your lines is going to give that FAT BANGLA FROM AIRASIA..IDEAS??..

he might just do what you just said...he is the cheap skate AIRLINE CEO of all time...this is the award he should get...

hahahahaha!!!!

msian1147
11th Apr 2009, 02:08
well said minibus330...maybe the FAs should wear bikinis..then Fernandez can save more on fuel :}

minibus330
11th Apr 2009, 13:06
Wear bikinis?
Wow! That will attract more male customers. That will be the "Airline of the year".
Don't forget to switch off the air-conditioning. Less air-conditioning saves fuel too. The bikini gals will appreciate that. Hehe.

Left Wing
11th Apr 2009, 13:41
they giggled and said they had special permission.:confused::ugh:...grt for flt safety ...the a/c gets airborne and the crew gets sick...

bmwm5
12th Apr 2009, 09:41
In AK most of the FA and tech crew bring their own food....food is expensive on board...rm9 for nasi lemak and rm6 for noodles...how to afford on the long run?????

QAR
13th Apr 2009, 04:59
YES heard a story that a FO bought some packed food from some alley before going to flight.

and guess what he did after that...????

he got sick and PUKED all over TF spanking new A320 cockpit and Fo panel..

What a bloddy joke.

I cant believe that TF cant even to give a meal and drinks to his flight crew.

which he always claims "my greatest asset at airasia is my staff"..

MY A$$!!! .

HE should be given the cheap skate airline CEO of the year.

This man is cheapskate beyond belief..only a AK staff can tell you how cheap he can get.

chimbu warrior
13th Apr 2009, 05:55
Referring to the original piece about EasyJet........

They must be able to operate those A320's (and B737's if they have any left) as gliders, because, as far as I am aware< neither is capable of flying a 10-hour sector.

Metro man
13th Apr 2009, 08:37
Must have been refering to duty time. Four sectors with turn around time can easily run ten hours or more. With a half hour turn around there is no way go to the airport canteen for a meal and still get away on time.

6000PIC
13th Apr 2009, 08:52
While we are discussing a 10 hour workday , which in practice is closer to a 14 hour day , why not insist that EVERYONE work as many hours... management , refuellers , cabin staff , government aviation inspectors , government employees , even the CEO. These people would be bitching and complaining of the slave like treatment in no time , ...and no food ! There`d be riots... I can`t believe pilots put up with this shameful , immoral and unsafe treatment .Combine this with a 6 month test that if you fail , you are out the door , and a medical annually , well , now wonder planes crash...

jetjockey696
13th Apr 2009, 12:28
I use to work for Slave Master TF..as pilot. it was hard and dangerous work flying for this company.. First flight, i flew with this company was in the morning.. (of course no breakfast when you wake up at 4am, half asleep etc). my 3rd sector out 6. I ask my capt to take the rest of 3,4,5 sector could not function.. low blood sugar.. felt light headed, dizzy. since i couldnt get low bacteria food because of 20-25min turnaround. I had to fork out (25ringgit - £5, in malaysia that a lot money to buy food) to buy on board food..no discount for staff...FULL PRICE:D.

I got to give huge credit and hugs:E to the Airasia cabin crew..that was stationed at my base, many times they shared there food with me which they made in the galley..very tasty, food that is...:ok:

TF out of his generosity has given 5 ringgit (94p GBR) a day of food and drinks to his KL based staff ONLY (so called free food):ugh:. BUT only at the airasia lounge "staff canteen" I really feel sorry for this other staff based in other parts of malaysia, no such deal:sad: I guess the food is not fit for any human consumption..food cook by the cheapest of the cheapest cooks... but I might be wrong on this since it has been 2yrs since I visited the slop house.

by the way..if you b!#ch, about salary, about bonus etc.. he tends to bring up how much he spends on his staff for free food, every year.. but he forgets only KL staff can actually access this prison food.

Any updates to this story about TF and his generosity. Finally i like to add to new airasia recruits... no one cares about your health in air asia except for yourself..eat healthy!! been there done that..

twotters
13th Apr 2009, 13:04
Announcement to all Crews:

Don't forget to bring change so you can use the toilet!