PDA

View Full Version : Axis or 3 Axis Aviation

PA39
8th Apr 2009, 09:41
Has anyone heard of the above flying training/charter organisation reportedly operating out of Redcliffe and owned by a Mark James. Have a buddy looking at working for them ? Utilising Tecnam singles and twin and doing chtr in a navajo currently being refurbishd at YRED???? Possibly at Mick Kelly's (Flinders).

Thanks for all and any info

Jabawocky
8th Apr 2009, 11:37
Yes

Seems like a good plan, not inspected it first hand yet though, although I was invited to go take a peek.

He owned the meatbombing ops there until a short while back when he sold it to the NQ mob who are running the green PAC machine there now.

I flew to LAX on QF 2 years ago and met his wife on board, she and my plane partner worked together, and can not think of her name, but seemed like they ran a good show, seemed like fair dinkim people. She has had a bit of a battle with cancer and hopefully won, retired from the Q and they are kicking this off. i think its a good deal for semi ownership type club with good aircraft and some training etc.

I hope it works for them because they have invested heavily in good gear and at a time when quality product is what may make the difference for a change!

MakeItHappenCaptain
9th Apr 2009, 12:17
They are operating under Qld Aviation Services AOC. From what I've seen the Eaglet (Tecnam Single) looks like a good LSA/VH reg trainer. Comparable to a Texan (with more shade). The twin will be an interesting arrival. Apparently holds 600'/min VYSE at max wt???

Inside Info
6th May 2009, 02:06
yes, Mark James is the cfi and the owner/operator. they currently have a brand new night vfr tecnam p92 eaglet (dbj), a tecnam p92 2000 rg, another very close to new p92 eaglet with a glass cockpit. the tecnam twin is coming and the navajo has had fully repainted white from bare metal, new windows, cream leather interior, 0 timed engines.

check the place out if you havn't already.

Inside Info
6th May 2009, 02:08
louise is her name, getting better but had to retire from a 20 year career with qantas due to cancer

Inside Info
6th May 2009, 02:13
correct, i have also flown in the texan, but the eaglets are a lot nicer. the cruise comfortably at 115 knots. the tecnam twin is looks like a 4 seater partnavia, has twin 915 rotax engines, glass cockpit and retrac. gear. it will climb at max weight at 600ft a min with one engine. 145 knots at 37 litres an hour. access airshare will hopefully have one of the very first to arrive in aus. a demo will be arriving in june this year.

VH-XXX
6th May 2009, 03:22
You might find that the Tecnam Twin has 2 x 912 S engines...... unless something has changed. The 915F model is the turbo one at 115 HP.

Anyone would think you worked for them Mr Inside Info :rolleyes:

That being said though, it is fantastic to see a new aviation venture with some quality NEW kit out there. I wish them all the best and the best of health for Louise.

Inside Info
6th May 2009, 22:55
yes sorry, your right it does.

Inside Info
9th May 2009, 15:30
absoloutely excellent!!!!!! proffessor pescali knows what hes doing when it comes to building/designing aircraft and the tecnam is another fine example

Inside Info
12th May 2009, 07:38
i do not work for access airshare