PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find the JAA reg about cruising altitudes

Trolle
7th Apr 2009, 19:41
I am studying for the ATPL exams. As an FAA-authorized CFI/MEI I am a nerd and stickler for understanding my material ;)

I miss the FAR/AIM structure :{ Where can I find the regulation concerning cruising altitudes, for example? I have the JAR OPS 1 (amd 13) document, but can't find it in there.

PS: I know the cruising altitudes, but am wanting to learn the JAR regulation structure and where I can find the various regs.

Thanks for the help

Shunter
7th Apr 2009, 20:13
It should be in your Air Law book. It's generally the ICAO standard semicircular rule, except that in the UK we have this strange thing called the quadrantal rule which is odd/odd+500/even/even+500 below FL245. Transition levels vary all over Europe. See local charts for details.

2close
7th Apr 2009, 20:27
When you find the JAR Regulatory structure could you let the rest of us know please.....and the JAA!! ;)

Seriously though, if you are studying for the JAR ATPLs you should be doing them through an approved training provider, who should be able to answer your question.

Good luck with the ATPLs.

Trolle
7th Apr 2009, 20:48
They are in my Air Law book and I am doing the course through an ATO (doing it distance learning, so thought I'd research the answer myself first).

I just wanted to see them in regulatory wording rather than in my book. Plus, that was just an example. There were other regs too that I was searching for; I just like to see what the authorities also write rather than just rely on the publications from my training organization.

I take it from your responses they aren't actually printed in the JAA regs. Well, maybe they are, but nobody really reads the regs but just their law books.

2close
7th Apr 2009, 21:38
As Shunter said the Semi-Circulars are an ICAO requirement and it is down to national authorities to implement these within their own legislation.

As far as the UK goes the Quadrantal and Semi-Circular Rules are covered in Regulation 34 of the Rules of the Air Regulations 2007.

The Rules of the Air Regulations 2007 No. 734 (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/uksi_20070734_en_1)

I must get a life!!! :8

2close