PDA

View Full Version : Heli flying in Italy

Spunk
16th Mar 2009, 15:10
Good day,

I have to go to Italy in April. Does anybody know if you need any special permission, besides land owners approval, to do off-airprt landings in Italy (given: AOC-holder, commercial pax transport). If so, where do you get it from?

Any help appreciated.

Spunk

Hyds Out
16th Mar 2009, 21:02
Land owners permission is the main issue.

Just be aware if you have a skidded machine - a number of airports do not like them and will just say NO when you try and book in, or when you arrive. Can only assume that it is either due to the downwash or to keep the minor GA users away.

SAM helicopters near Salerno, Naples are very helpful - give them a call for more info.

HO

delta3
16th Mar 2009, 21:14
Some more experiences

- VFR radio can be problematic (lack of coverage in mountainous regions) which can be a problem around Prohibited/Restricted-areas (North West)

-Getting Avgas not so easy (I think only something like 25 refueling points in the whole of Italy).

delta3

101BOY
17th Mar 2009, 09:26
When we did this last year, we did all the arrangements through the Mayor of the commune. He also arranged for the Police to be informed. You need an Italian speaker though I found!!:ok:

tolasudulsa
17th Mar 2009, 19:38
hi sirs,
let me say no particulary trouble to move from/to airport from private occasionally helipad; neither with radio com in mountain region.

if you need facilities/help let me know in pm.

regards,
tolasudulsa

Reefdog
18th Mar 2009, 04:29
Hi All
going to Rome in may...would like to do a 30 minute scenic flight over Rome.

Any one know of companies that do the above..

Thanx

WOP
19th Mar 2009, 01:13
Scenic flights over Rome in a helicopter are sadly prohibited...

JAA/FAA Pilot
19th Mar 2009, 21:53
Only possible with a Swiss registered aircraft or foreign reg and paid VAT. Best to call the FOCA in Bern (good luck on that one!) or any operator. I would give Linth Air Service in Mollis a call, as they operate Swiss and FAA certified aircraft. They may be of good help and might be able to help with many other things.
Have fun and be save in the mountains!!:E

Fafe
23rd Mar 2009, 17:41
You have to give a look to the following document:

DECRETO 1 febbraio 2006
Norme di attuazione della legge 2 aprile 1968, n. 518, concernente la liberalizzazione dell'uso delle aree di atterraggio.

Regards

Fafe

richard08h
7th Apr 2009, 19:27
Has anyone any experience in flying in Italy? Are helicopters allowed to land with similar rules to the UK, or is their a requirement like France to apply for a permit to land off airfields?

tolasudulsa
7th Apr 2009, 19:50
hi richard08h, (http://www.pprune.org/members/227161-richard08h)
no particulary problem plan to land everywhere in italy.
best is italian copilot to coordinate ops with italian aviation local authority and local police.
if you need help please pm.

tolasudulsa

vaibronco
10th Apr 2009, 16:52
Hi,
I landed out of airports about a hundred times in 2008 with a corporate R44 and all authorities were happy with this procedure, compliant with the 2006 law.

Before you decide to land in a public o private land, check here:
www.avioportolano.it (http://www.avioportolano.it) (you have to register for free to browse the airfield database). Many ULM fields operators will be happy to see you landing in their grass strip.

Back to the off airports landing,

To be compliant with regulations you should fill up and send a form by fax to:

- the proper Carabinieri command
see this page, find the fax number typing the city or small town, you will get the closest one
http://mappe.carabinieri.it:8080/CCWeb/cc_sito.jsp

- the proper Airport Area Direction (this is my free translation of DCA wich means Direzione di Circoscrizione Aeroportuale)

- the owner of the land of the proper local authority (comune, provincia, regione)

Write in private
- if you want to receive by emal my form in excel format or
- if you need help to read the carabinieri website or
- you need the excel file with all DCA numbers.

Getting the name of the land owner is most of times impossible if private as these information are protected by privacy laws.
In many landings I declared in my fax that the owner authorized...

In case you land very close to a glidepath or inside the ATZ of an important airport, make a phone call to the proper ARO, don't just send a fax. They all were always very kind and cooperative when they understand you perfectly know what you'are doing.

Hope this will help.

By the way, I'm very happy I found this forum, I like it very much, but I would like to know if there's a page about employment.
I'm unemployed now.

Thanks

Vaibronco

YouTube - vaibronco's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/vaibronco)

richard08h
11th Apr 2009, 15:35
Hope to be flying early August -will p.m. you nearer the time-thanks

Lightscameraforms
8th Jul 2013, 10:34
Does anyone know the situation re off airfield ops in Italy? Private flight on a G reg..

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thanks

Helicopterist
8th Jul 2013, 22:25
relatively easy but there is a procedure if you want to stick to the law. Assuming you have permission from the landowner you must notify aviation authority and nearest police station if it's a non certified helipad, which also has a few other restrictions. I can give you a grounding if you PM me (and I remember to check my pms ..)