PDA

View Full Version : Got the Job!!!

rarechip
7th Apr 2009, 16:39
Hi All

Been reading on here, and it's all seems just like the news channels, it all seems DOOOOM and GLOOOOM!!

SO...

Let’s have a thread to encourage people who have taken the plunge and sold there soul to the CAA, lets start letting people know if and when they get jobs, who with and any POSITIVE comments that would help people ! (NEGATIVE PEOPLE BUGGER OFF).

So who wants to start!!

Not me yet!! LOL

wayupthere
7th Apr 2009, 16:47
I started with my 1st airline a few months back, apart from the 3am alarm clock days I never regret taking the plunge. Your 1st flight in an airliners or 1st cat3 landing is something you'll never forget!!

Keep the faith!

rockrats
7th Apr 2009, 18:57
Well done!!

How old are you? Whats your brief background?

fadedfootpaths
7th Apr 2009, 19:04
Got a job as a Check out guy at a store and was doing it for a while until I quit to start university:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Waiting for other replies:ok::ok:

rarechip
7th Apr 2009, 19:27
Ye am almost 29! Almost!!!! over 200 hrs, imc, mep, night, tailwheel, and complex type conversation. Flown in Mozambique, Botswana, Cape Town, London, Blackpool and Liverpool. Love flying and can’t understand why people bad mouth a career that they supposedly love. Am working on the ATPL exams as we speak and have my first set in May. This is the second time I have taken the exams as the first time I got 9 out of the 14 done but got distracted by my now wife ! So in all not a bad result! (Don’t tell her I said that) am just tired of hearing people gobbling off, alright times may be hard! But good things come to those who wait, if you really want this career then get your head down cos good things don’t come easy!

Anyway that’s me! good luck !

2 Whites 2 Reds
7th Apr 2009, 19:59
rarechip.....

I kind of share your sentiments regarding the bad mouthing of the industry that people say they love, and indeed this continues to piss me off. However, I will have spent the guts of 60k by the end of June to get that shiny Blue book with an IR in it and with with little or no hope of any jobs on the horizon for quite some time I can understand people's frustration at the state of the industry. Furthermore, the rapid decline of the overall T's and C's which pilot's now work under greatly add's to the annoyance. It's only AFTER pouring my heart, soul and general best efforts into getting over the ATPL's hurlde that I began to feel like this. get me wrong, I still love flying and couldn't see myself doing anything else so I wish you nothing but the very best of luck for your ATPL's, CPL/IR and subsequent job hunt. However be prepared to go through some grim times to get to the right hand seat. I fear that I have some seriously poo times ahead before I can finally sit in that RHS with a decent wage and reap the rewards.

Best of luck all and sincere congrats to any of us who find the proverbial needle in a hay stack that is a job!

Anyway, back to watching Arsenal getting spanked!

2W2R :ok:

Crazy Fokker
8th Apr 2009, 13:58
Fair play for starting another positive thread:ok:

Good things do come to those who wait, but you also need to stay determined and just do your best really. Don't give up, if you want it bad enough and your flexible in what kind of job you'll take you will get there.

Congrats wayupthere:ok:

smith
8th Apr 2009, 19:20
before I can finally sit in that RHS with a decent wage and reap the rewards.

Can you give me the email address thanks

First.officer
8th Apr 2009, 21:42
Can you give me the email address thanks

Of course we can give you that Smith, why its as follows:-

www.cloudcuckoolandaviation.com

or

www.rightseatsrus4cash.co.uk - believe an irish company ?!?

All in good humour and jest of course :E

32SQDN
9th Apr 2009, 06:40
Started integrated course (BACF mentored scheme) at FTE Jerez in October 2007, graduated Dec 2008. First flight with pax on Easter Monday. :ok:
Age 26.
Few and far between, but there are jobs.

hollingworthp
9th Apr 2009, 11:20
I started on the NetJets tagged scheme with OAA in August 2007 and I am near the end of week 1 of my XL/XLS type rating at Flight Safety in Farnborough.

Given the state of the market, I feel even more privilidged to be sat here today than I did when originally offered a place / job.

clanger32
9th Apr 2009, 12:02
HollingworthP - known as "sod off you lucky git" to his friends...
:}

P.S. I should add I was on the same course and he is a good mate, so all in jest!

BSmuppet
9th Apr 2009, 12:47
Helps if your dad's a pilot

GeorgEGNT
9th Apr 2009, 23:40
Got the job! Not quite flying them, but cleaning aircraft at Newcastle Airport. Pays for the flying though 'dunnit'. I'll now have the chance to fund the rest of my PPL. Can't complain really.

Long time 'til I'll be looking for a RHS job. Got plently of enjoyable flying to get through before then.

Good luck everyone job hunting at the moment. (Pilots or not, its the same for everyone!)