PDA

View Full Version : CAA Medical centres

RITZER82
7th Apr 2009, 16:16
I need to undergo my class 1 medical before I commence my long awaited training for a fATPL, can anyone recommend me a CAA medical centre that is not far from me as I reside in the Heathrow area, many thanks.

colette
7th Apr 2009, 16:25
Hi Ritzer82,

If it's your initial Class 1 medical then im pretty sure it can only be done at Gatwick. Otherwise if you're simply renewing your Class 1, theres a list of Aero medical Examiners on the CAA website!

Hope this helps,

C

:)

2close
7th Apr 2009, 17:19
No choice I'm afraid - the others have reported correctly.

ALL Initial Class One Medicals MUST be taken at the CAA Aeromedical Centre at Aviation House, Gatwick, RH6 0YR.

There you will part with large amounts of your hard earned cash but in return you will be presented with your Class 1 Medical Certificate there and then, on the spot, provided nothing untoward shows up which you weren't aware of.

Subsequent renewal medicals can be done with any Class 1 Aeromedical Examiner, and there are loads of them all over the country.

HTH

2close

Matthew Adams
7th Apr 2009, 17:50
Exemptions are in place for UK Military personnel with an A1G1Z1 cat; just see your local Doc; and they may be able to do a couple more tests and then send the results to the CAA; and then assuming all well your Class 1 will arrive shortly after!

PS I have absolutley no idea why you posted this in the professional pilot training forum when there is a medical forum for this kind of post.

RITZER82
8th Apr 2009, 02:27
Can somebody kindly provide me withthe link please in order to book my medical, thanks once again.

Keygrip
8th Apr 2009, 02:28
Is that the limit of your research?

You do realise you will have to go there - yourself!

Goof luck with your professional career.

RITZER82
8th Apr 2009, 15:47
Errrr no need for that sort of attitude I thought this is what this forum is about to ask for guidance and assistance!!

maxdrypower
8th Apr 2009, 15:51
It is ! but one hopes you have done more research into your forthcoming 50 grand plus expenditure than you have done with regard to this

I'm Off!
10th Apr 2009, 10:28
I'm afraid Matthew Adams is wrong - Mil used to be able to do theirs anywhere, but as of Jan 09 ALL personnel (Mil included) MUST do their initial Class 1 at Gatwick.

isi3000
10th Apr 2009, 10:36
You can book over the phone. You call 01293573700 then press 1 for medical. Then follow the other instructions :)