PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE osprey aviation scam

Xcel
7th Apr 2009, 08:19
Beware of Osprey aviation currently approaching people offering CJ2, Kingair and b1900 jobs...

They approach with gmail account, usually 2-3 people asking for drivers licence details not aviaiton details.

They then ask for you to either - pay for police checks or licence conversion

They are not listed with Indian DGCA nor are they contacted via physical means. Only Internet entity...

I know some are struggling but just keep an eye out, if unsure try ringing them. you cant get through as no known address or number.
below is the latest email sent to me asking for money to change my US?? wtf security clearance to Indian, asking for money before i have even spoken to anyone...

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay.

I am sending you the salary package:
For first officer :as per the market($4900)
For captains:($9500).

I would also like to mention that as you have TSA clearance in US,in INDIA we have police verification and for that you need to pay us Rs 7500(INR).we will send you the details of trasferring the money as soon as we hear the posiive response from your side and then we will arrange a telephonic interview of your with us.

Feel free to mail us for any further queries

Regards
Venus
Osprey avaition

Xcel
7th Apr 2009, 08:29
Full corrospondance you be the judge...

Dear candidate,

We are hiring for the post of first officer and captain for citation II.

kindly send us your full flying experience to proceed further.

Regards
Kamini
osprey Aviation

Hi Robert,

We have received your resume .Now i am attaching one verification form,kindly fill this form and send back to us so that we can proceed further.

Kindly mail on this particular e-mail-id as i will be looking the process.For further queries please feel free to mail me.

Regards
Venus
Hr executive
Osprey aviation

Reply sent to osprey not to gmail:
RE: Hi,

I am a bit dubious about sending the details to gmail account so here is my resume as requested. However i would prefer to continue corrospondace through the properly registered email id.

If the below attached emails are not from osprey please inform me and i shall pass on details as there is obviously something wrong.

I am however very interested in a position in your company and do hope this is a legitimate request and just a cultural difference.

Thanks very much for your time and hope to be in contact in the future.

regards,

RE: Job Application‏
Sent: Monday, 30 March 2009 11:41:12 PM
To: [email protected]
I have forwarded my resume and details of our corrospondance to osprey. Just to confirm your requirements as your email id does not seem affiliated. Please excuse my reluctance to send private information via gmail when your website indicates a different id.

thanks for your understanding and hope to be in contact,

regards,

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:51:15 +0530
Subject: Re: Job Application
To:
Hi,
Kindly send us your full resume please as we need for our record.

Regards
Venus

RE: job application‏
Sent: Wednesday, 1 April 2009 9:04:20 PM
To: [email protected]
I have sent an email to Osprey regarding this and await a response from your team...

I am sorry but i wont be sending through any more private information via gmail accounts. please reply from osprey.com

alternatively contact me by phone: ********

regards,

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:04:11 +0530
Subject: job application
To:

Dear candidate,

This is to inform you that your resume has been shortlisted for the post of first officer (Citation ll).

Kindly send us your full flying experience.

Regards
kalpana
Osprey aviation

Re: Job Application‏
Sent: Tuesday, 7 April 2009 4:50:37 PM
To:

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay.

I am sending you the salary package:
For first officer :as per the market($4900)
For captains:($9500).

I would also like to mention that as you have TSA clearance in US,in INDIA we have police verification and for that you need to pay us Rs 7500(INR).we will send you the details of trasferring the money as soon as we hear the posiive response from your side and then we will arrange a telephonic interview of your with us.

Feel free to mail us for any further queries

Regards
Venus
Osprey avaition

tail wheel
7th Apr 2009, 08:51
Scam alert!

Details :
Doing the common things uncommonly Well is how Osprey earns wings everyday We offer ultimate travel solution who value safety, privacy and time. We offer flexible excess to word class jets. We enforce region checks, balance in flights and on ground and operations. We believe in maintaining strictness in selection and qualification of our prospective pilot. There are frequent refresher course and regular medical checkups for our pilot. At Osprey we don’t believe in wasting once precious time. That’s a reason we have the best employees in industries those are trained by best institutions.

No web site, no contact phone numbers.

Appears to be an advance fee 419 type scam.

Konev
7th Apr 2009, 23:48
shame they did not at an institution which requires a high standard of english.

The Voice
8th Apr 2009, 01:11
hey Taily ..

perhaps a sticky for this little gem on a couple of the forums wouldn't go astray?

The_Pharoah
8th Apr 2009, 02:07
why don't you string them along and try to get a street addres, then shoot it off to Interpol! :ok:

hopefully Interpol will look them up and go:

'knock knock'
Police: Hi, you Osprey aviation :suspect:
guy: err 'thank you very much, pls come again' :uhoh:
Police: :=
guy: :mad: --> :{
Us: :D

ehh...you get the drift. :}

VH-XXX
8th Apr 2009, 02:22
Remember it might be legitimate.

Is it any different to requiring an ASIC before you apply for a job in OZ?

toolowtoofast
8th Apr 2009, 03:28
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/353088-osprey-aviation.html

Atlas Shrugged
8th Apr 2009, 03:50
Xcel,

If you can find the domain or ISP address on the email delivery receipt or report, punch it in here:

Whois - IP Address - Domain Name Lookup (http://cqcounter.com/whois/)

Send them another email and in the Options, select delivery report: trace entire path, copy the details and away ya go.

wessex19
8th Apr 2009, 14:26
hey Rob, good to see you didn't do you doe but if I remember right mate, you wouldn't shout if my dog bit you!! would be a crafty bloke to get the cash out of you!!!:ok: looks like you might have to have some sand in your boots for a bit longer!!
Sorry I can't make your big day next month, should be awesome.
Cheers
Wessex

tail wheel
8th Apr 2009, 22:52
Voice. There is already a thread in the Far East Forum. There are now so many scams we can't list them all.

The_Pharoah. Sadly it doesn't work that way. You can report scams to the Australian authorities but if they do take action by alerting the authorities in the country of origin of the scam, often little or nothing happens. One African country has confirmed income from internet scams now forms a significant part of it's foreign income earnings.

This Osprey Aviation scam is so amateurish that I don't understand why anyone would be sucked it - but no doubt they will. Very amateur internet reference - if one can find it - no address, no phone number, no contact details, no nothing.

It is so obviously an advance fee 419 scam.

Must go. I discovered a long lost relative was killed in an aircraft accident in Africa and I am expecting $43,000,000 in my bank account sometime this week. :ok:

The_Pharoah
8th Apr 2009, 23:01
yeah mate, atleast there's awareness on these here boards which is the main thing. unfortunately some poor sod is going to fall for it.

Q-Ball
25th Apr 2009, 11:27
ACCC SCAM WATCH

Report a scam (http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/reportascam#h2_41)

tail wheel
25th Apr 2009, 13:07
Q-Ball. No doubt a scam, worth reporting to the Australian authorities but as it is Indian based, there is little Australia can or would do.

V53. You've been scammed. Probably your only option is to report fraud to the Police and take civil action for recovery of your funds - although I have no idea how effective that will be in India........

Australianguy
25th Apr 2009, 14:28
It was only a matter of time until someone who was going to pay to fly was scamed out of money.

born1987
26th Apr 2009, 02:12
surely its a scam.how can they recruit a australian national for first officer position because now indian dgca banned any other national to take up first officer position. and same tread running in south far east column check out that one also how they cheated v53 and many other but i am amazed that they r running international racket.