PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed CPL Licence Renewal Consequence?

Mintflavour
6th Apr 2009, 17:13
Anybody know how easy it would be to renew your JAA CPL Licence after it has lapsed (not renewed after the 5 year period). Assuming you already had the IR etc etc. Is it just a paper work exercise or further expensive tests etc. I can't find it written any where for this scenario so any references/links appreciated.

Cheers

Mint

smirnovoleg85
6th Apr 2009, 18:15
What have you been doing for the last 5 years?:eek:

Keygrip
6th Apr 2009, 18:17
I will be bold enough to assume - having looked at your "location" - that you speak of a UK CAA issued JAA CPL.

I will also be bold enough to assume that you no longer have any valid class ratings or medical.

Sequence of events (slightly flexible);

Renew medical - do this first - not an option,

Apply for CPL Renewal using http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg1102ff.pdf

Pay for it, £132, using http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg1187%20revised%20feb%2009.pdf

Choose any, or all, of the folowing;

Renew SEP rating by passing a test with a flight examiner,
Renew MEP rating by passing a test with a flight examiner
Renew Instrument rating by passing a flight test with an examiner.

Also assuming that the the last DATE OF TEST for either the MEP or Instrument is not more than SIX years ago, and the date of test of the SEP is not more than SEVEN years ago, it can all be done pretty much anywhere you wish with no CAA involvement.

If any of those dates are longer than 6 or 7 years, as applicable, life may be a little harder - depends on other factors.

Some will tell you you must renew the class rating before you apply for licence renewal - ignore them.

Want any more info or advice? PM.

Mintflavour
6th Apr 2009, 19:12
Thanks for the info.
I have a current type rating and medical, Just that I am now out of job (was flying comercially) and on Job seekers, and as always these things come around when you are short of cash. Was looking to see if I could claim for the CAA £132 renewal fee on benefits, but I need to know the consequences of not doing it to put a case forward.

cheers