PDA

View Full Version : FAA CFI to South Africa

OLVpilot
6th Apr 2009, 16:05
Curious in getting out the current land, what is the process for converting an FAA CPL CFI to South African and the chances of getting work thereafter instructing? I'm ready to jump ship here.

OLVpilot
6th Apr 2009, 18:19
haha, gotcha. I'm becoming restless as an indentured servant (CFI) while the economy has tanked. Regardless, still very thankful to have a job flying right now, but ready to get out.

Thanks

B200Drvr
7th Apr 2009, 06:35
Good luck to you :ok:

B Sousa
7th Apr 2009, 19:18
an FAA CPL CFI to South African

Anything is possible if you have money........... You can get your FAA Validated, but a South African License will cost some serious cash.
As to Work, problems aplenty for those who live there so your way behind the power curve.

OLVpilot
7th Apr 2009, 20:39
Good to hear, I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side. I always loved South Africa, but everyone there thought I was crazy to want to live there when I have my quaint and peaceful life in America.

Take care everyone and good luck

B Sousa
8th Apr 2009, 13:39
Suitcaseman
You must realize the lad lives in Seattle. Too many Starbucks Coffee and too much Rain. He would probably fly in Zim rather than stay there much longer. :ugh:

OLVpilot
8th Apr 2009, 21:35
The rain is horrible, it is perpetually chilly, and 'summer' lasts for a few weeks. They say there are two seasons in Seattle: Winter and August.

I'll look into it, I'm trying to explore my options abroad in flying. I don't care for anything fancy, as long as it flies in the air. Really looking for geographical replacement to somewhere warmer.

B Sousa
9th Apr 2009, 00:14
Well if you have an ATP and Twin time, a real secret time builder used to be . www.capeair.com (http://www.capeair.com) In the Caribbean. I saw a lot of youngsters down there building time in a nice climate.