PDA

View Full Version : Importing explora bookmarks to Firefox?

tony draper
6th Apr 2009, 08:53
Got the title arse about face it should read importing Firefox bookmarks to Explora
Can this be done? I seem to be having nowt but trouble with Firefox at the mo,using the latest version new downloads and instals on two new hard disks,thinking of going back to explorer,is there a simple way of copying me Firefox Bookmarks to Explorer favorites.
:)

Bakgat
6th Apr 2009, 08:58
Here you go...

Combine your Firefox bookmarks and IE favorites | Workers' Edge - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10063103-68.html)

:cool:

call100
6th Apr 2009, 09:49
Just go to Favourites and there is an option in there to import...Just click it and follow guide it should work....I don't use explorer.
No problems with FF here. I don't understand your problem with it exactly. Perhaps you should uninstall and do a clean install to replace it?

tony draper
6th Apr 2009, 10:06
Problems to numerous to mention,I don't think the later versions of Firefox are as good or as stable as the original,did a new install of firefox on two new hard disks with new clean install of operating system and drivers, problems on both,freezing when surfing requiring restart,inability to get into me email very slow,dropping out of websites ect ect,fed up wi it.If I surf using Explora I dont have any of these problems ergo I'm binning it,would like to save my Bookmarks if poss though.
:(

Saab Dastard
6th Apr 2009, 11:52
I'm still running FF v2 and I have only experienced one problem with it (some youtube videos flicker) in several years.

I have IE6 or IE7 on the PCs as well, and have had many more problems with them, although I suppose I've been using IE longer.

You can open FF bookmarks manager (organise bookmarks) and choose File / Export (as a HTML file). Then open IE and go to File / Import Export, import the file you just created.

You could also just point IE import to the location of the FF bookmarks file - C: \Documents and Settings\NAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\abcdefg.default\bookmarks.html

SD

green granite
6th Apr 2009, 11:56
Mr D. go to bookmarks then organize bookmarks and then import and backups, at the bottom of the drop down menu there's the option to export an HTML bookmark file save it somewhere then import it into I Explorer. FF3 uses *.json files instead of HTML so you can't directly import them into IE.

Ingnore the above. Saab posted as I was typing. :(

Saab Dastard
6th Apr 2009, 12:22
Don't ignore GG's post, as he points out what I didn't know about how FF3 stores the bookmarks - as I said, I'm still using FF2.

SD

Bushfiva
6th Apr 2009, 14:45
I think Mr Draper should use and/or ignore one and/or either of your solutions as s/he may or may not see fit.

IE8 seems to import FF3 favorites just fine via file > import and export > import from another browser > Firefox. There may or may not be limitations and/or errors in this process, which may/may not/probably isn't available in your version of the browser.

E&OE.

Edit: "isn't" == "aren't" for values of 1 larger than 1.
Edit 2: "see" == "sees" for values of 1 that are actually 1.
Edit 3: Well poot. "see" == "see" for uses of "see" that are part of the English language.

call100
6th Apr 2009, 16:39
I would investigate why you have unstable downloads of FF. As it is obvious that there is nothing actually wrong with FF3 or we would all be having problems.....:hmm:

BushFiva....Have you been drinking???:}

bnt
6th Apr 2009, 18:36
There's a Firefox plugin called PlainOldFavorites (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/668) which integrates the IE Favorites in to FF, and you can use the Bookmark manager to move bookmarks in to the IE Favorites if you like.