PDA

View Full Version : JAA Training and exams

expatpilot4life
5th Apr 2009, 22:05
Hello, i need to get my JAA and was looking at a few options. It has to be distance or online as i fly fulltime.

#1 Pilot training college Ireland, but they want a few thousand dollars
#2 Dauntless software, like 69EURO for all 14 exams
#3 Aviationexam.com about 150 bucks
My question is whats the best route, and where can i go and take the exams. I currently live in turkey. Also i heard there was an exclusion for guys with over 5000TT. After the exams are done, whats next? THANKS!

Spit-Fire
6th Apr 2009, 08:58
ATPL theory at either www.bristol.gs (http://www.bristol.gs) or london Metropolitan University - both very good for distance learning. Stapleford flight centre or Bonus Aviation for training (in my view).

wall-e
6th Apr 2009, 11:22
Bristol.gs for your theorical knowledge-definitely the best and easy to understand study material ever!

Aviationexam.com for your quiz knowledge - it is the most complete database in the marker (the most reliable to what you'll be facing in the real exam)

... and as everybody knows theory is one thing and quiz is completly on other!

have fun

PA28Viking
7th Apr 2009, 08:56
I believe you will need an approved school to back your application to sit the exams. CATS in Cranfield is extremely cheep at 999 £, and has a god rep (do a search for CATS here on pprune). www.cranfieldaviation.com (http://www.cranfieldaviation.com). Question bank included.

Apart from the 14 ATPL exams, you will need a customized training program tailored to you experience, made by an approved school and approved by the CAA. And then of course the skills tests for CPL and ME/IR.

BUT! Although we all like to give advice, few of us have actually converted from a non JAA license. So you MUST get the correct information directly from the horse’s mouth, which is from the CAA, if in the UK. Don’t start down a road that will get you nowhere or cost you more, because of some hearsay. (And don’t think that the CAA speaks for the national authorities in any other JAA country. They all have there individual interpretation of the requirements).