PDA

View Full Version : R.T licence problem

robione
4th Apr 2009, 04:57
I was issued with a lifetime R/T licence in 1989 along with my lifetime UKPPL.In 2000 i was issued with a JAR CPL-Frozen ATPL my RT licence was issued with this licence but became renewable every 5 yrs.I layed off flying for a number of years and just recently got current flying on my UKPPL lifetime licence,which was returned to me after a change of address.No r/t licence is attached to this,despite it initially being for life,the CAA have not sent it with my UKPPL WHY ?
Any help here will be gladly recieved as i really dont feel i should have to pay every 5 yrs for a licence that was issued for life.My UKPPL wasnt curtailed in any way and that was issued for life so why my r/t licence

BackPacker
4th Apr 2009, 10:44
Sounds like a CAA error. Or maybe they misread or misinterpreted your request when you asked for your UK license. Have you called them about it?

robione
4th Apr 2009, 15:17
no not called them ,maybe i should

'Chuffer' Dandridge
4th Apr 2009, 16:38
If you had a non-expiring PPL before the issue of your CPL, then you should have had it returned after CPL issue. I had the same problem and recently asked for my non-expiring PPL back again. It arrived a few days later with no problems..:ok:

Whopity
4th Apr 2009, 18:19
Just tell them they forgot to issue a new FRTOL.
i really dont feel i should have to pay every 5 yrs for a licence
You do not have to pay for a FRTOL if you hold another UK Flight Crew Licence.

robione
5th Apr 2009, 04:09
My CPL has expired its a JAR 5 yr jobby,and ive no intention of renewing it.The FRTOL has expired with the CPL.This is my piont.When i was issued my lifetime PPL i was issued my lifetime FRTOL.When my CPL was issued the CAA changed it from a lifetime FRTOL to a 5 yr renewable jobby,surely thats not right

Whopity
5th Apr 2009, 08:20
My CPL has expired its a JAR 5 yr jobby,and ive no intention of renewing it.Why not? Compare the cost of renewing it every 5 years with trying to get it back should you ever want it again! Your lifetime PPL will cease to exist in 2012 when EASA take over, so you will have to renew it every 5 years anyway, the cost of renewal will then be little different from renewing the CPL. Why throw away something that is hard earned?

If you have the original RT licence that states it is for lifetime (that actually means the lifetime of the pilot licence to which it is attached, not your lifetime) then provided you have the pilot licence bearing the same number then it is legally valid and you don't need another one.

The validity of the RFTOL changed because it was simpler to synchronise it with the flight crew licence to which it is attached. As there is no cost involved to the holder it makes little odds.

The simplest thing is to tell them that they have changed the address on your PPL but not your RT Licence and ask for an amended FRTOL.