PDA

View Full Version : who's the Lush?

dash88
3rd Apr 2009, 19:14
"Incident: Air Canada A333 near St. John's on Mar 31st 2009, medical emergency released on bail

By Simon Hradecky, created Thursday, Apr 2nd 2009 06:32Z, last updated Thursday, Apr 2nd 2009 06:40Z
The crew of an Air Canada Airbus A330-300, registration C-GFUR performing flight AC-849 from London Heathrow,EN (UK) to Toronto Pearson,ON (Canada), reported a medical emergency on board and requested to divert to St. John's,NL (Canada). The airplane landed safely one hour later, the ill woman (48), a well known Toronto TV and radio host was turned over to emergency services.

About 30 minutes after landing police was called to the airplane to take care of an unruly passenger. St. John's Constabulary reported, that upon arrival the constables noticed an obviously intoxicated woman lashing out in all directions, shouting and using obscene language. The constables identified her as a well known Toronto TV and radio host, who had prompted the diversion of the aircraft. Police filed charges of endangering safety of an aircraft, willfull obstruction or interference with the lawful use of property and disturbance, and jailed the woman over night.

The woman was released on bail by the court after a first hearing the following day and was ordered to appear for trial on May 7th.

Air Canada stated, that the flight was diverted because of a medical emergency, not because of an unruly passenger.

The airplane continued the journey and reached Toronto with a delay of 2:35 hours"

deltayankee
3rd Apr 2009, 19:43
Well I don't think they'll be handing out many Pulitzers for this standard of reporting. I had to read this several times and I am still confused. Who exactly was ill, or drunk or what. Was it the guy who wrote the article?

In any case hardly the stuff of R&N.