PDA

View Full Version : MOD Bolsters Publics views on the Armed services by Launching their own Action Man.

NutLoose
3rd Apr 2009, 15:54
What next??? I suppose if it works it will be a good thing, would hate to think of it as a recruitment tool though......

Sigh

BBC NEWS | Magazine | Harmless toy or recruiting sergeant? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7978848.stm)

teeteringhead
3rd Apr 2009, 16:30
ISTR the son-and-heir once pointing out to me that "Action Man's got no balls Dad!" ...........

........... accurate representation of MoD then! ka ching!

GPMG
3rd Apr 2009, 17:48
If you sing 'Get them down Zulu Warrior', does the Royal Marine figure suddenly strip naked? :)

Toddington Ted
3rd Apr 2009, 20:59
I wonder if you can buy one kitted out as an RAF Education Officer (well, Personnel (Trg) to be up to date ? I'm asking for a friend.

Wensleydale
4th Apr 2009, 08:46
I went to the toy shop to buy one, but I was told that they only had one left and I couldn't have it in case it was needed......

ProfessionalStudent
4th Apr 2009, 09:24
Does the "Nimrod Pilot" come with a doughnut and chicken curry? :E

dallas
4th Apr 2009, 09:55
Much as I will readily jump on w@nk ideas, I think this is a great one, showing a rare display of initiative and willingness to seize an opportunity. Whether the pinko activists like it or not, boys like playing with soldiers and guns, not macrame, and there's a very real possibility the MoD might make money with this.

It's got to be better than the various 'mint' companies purveying their crap.

diginagain
4th Apr 2009, 10:01
I wonder if the Harrier Pilot doll will have as much personality as the real thing?

ZH875
4th Apr 2009, 10:06
I bet they don't come fully equipped.:(

spheroid
4th Apr 2009, 13:18
But how could you tell that the doll was a Harrier Pilot.... 3,2,1 go

MAINJAFAD
4th Apr 2009, 18:17
Cause the only thing you can put him in is a large plastic aeroplane with two engine intakes and four engine nozzles. Click on the photo of the Tank in the linked webpage and you will see a picture of it.

ATFQ
4th Apr 2009, 19:18
ZZZZZZZZZZ

The Helpful Stacker
4th Apr 2009, 21:43
Will the RN ones come with easy to remove iPods, clip-on shoulder chips, tin foil hats and a note from mum that restricts them to home waters and the West Indies?

Laarbruch72
4th Apr 2009, 23:14
Whether the pinko activists like it or not, boys like playing with soldiers and guns...

Dallas, much as I'd love to agree with you, these figures were trialled with various 8-10 year olds last week by the BBC. Most kids said that the figures were not very exciting and they would be happier going back to their X-Box. :rolleyes:

It's a different generation now I'm afraid. Get used to it, eh brov? Brap brap.

MAINJAFAD
5th Apr 2009, 00:10
Will the RN ones come with easy to remove iPods, clip-on shoulder chips, tin foil hats and a note from mum that restricts them to home waters and the West Indies?

Not according to a post on this thread on the topic over on ARRSE (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=113823/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html). Be warned however, standard type of comments from our brown suited friends. However, some of them will could result in damage to your keyboard, if you're drinking something as you read.

NutLoose
5th Apr 2009, 01:13
Why does he look like he has just taken his turn in the Barrel??

http://www.rnmuseumshop.co.uk/acatalog/action_man_victory.jpg

Wyler
6th Apr 2009, 10:23
I trust they are non gender specific and come with an E&D pamphlet.
They should have some fat ones in skirts as well with just a hint of facial hair. Equality and all that.

Kids will need a separate toybox for the FJ pilot figures. They could not possibly share with the other dolls (unless it's a thick Barbie).:E